This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should run for office :D

Read this carefully, see if you can see the problem with it. I'll give you a hint (Highlight to see) ---> I am not a female<----

Dear Mytical (name changed they had my last name there):
    <Name redacted> I can’t thank you enough for your support during my run for the U.S. Senate. Although I lost, the race taught me that we need more women leaders in Ohio and that’s why I’m asking you to consider running for public office. I want to connect you with one of my favorite organizations, She Should Run. This organization provides the resources and information needed to help women decide if public office is right for them. I hope you’ll now start taking advantage of their resources outlined below.

She Should Run In Action Services:

The Warm Up: She Should Run's monthly e-newsletter profiles a current woman candidate, highlights campaign training opportunities across the country, and recommends next steps for women to explore the possibility of running for office.
    Companion Notebook: Created from member feedback, this resource breaks down the decision to run for office into small and practical steps and makes the case about why women should run for office.
    Community: Members are connected to resources and trainings from organizations across the country.

You supported me in my campaign, and now I want to support you, because we need more women to run for office in Ohio. I want you to seriously consider running for office or make the ask of someone you believe has the potential to be a great leader. I am counting on you!

Now I would honestly not mind running, but come on..seriously? So much wrong with the above I just do not know where to begin. Oh and 'support'? I've never heard of the person.
    Last edited by Mytical; 09-22-2011, 09:00 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

...That has to be the weirdest attempts to get a person to sign up for stuff that I've ever seen LOL.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

This is why I have my Rule #1 of Spamming: if you're going to send me spam letters to get me to support your cause/sign up for your pet project/etc., make sure you get my details right.

And for crying out loud, stop sending me AARP mailings telling me about my senior benefits. I'm not even 30 yet.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Election time is weird.

I came home from work the other day to find a campaign sign on my lawn. I asked my sisters if one or both of them had asked for it. They said no. I tossed it in the garbage. My lawn, my rules.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

And for crying out loud, stop sending me AARP mailings telling me about my senior benefits. I'm not even 30 yet.
          do not feel too bad. I got a few when I was in my mid 40's (now just over 50 and NOT getting them anymore ??????? )
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

On a bit of a sinister note, this could also be an indicator of campaign finance fraud. Someone may be using your name to make more donations to a candidate than would be legally allowed. So when the candidate made a mass-mailing list from the contributions list, you got sent a packet.

Depending on how you feel about that sort of thing, you might want to follow up with the campaign or board of elections.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

*nods* If they were using my name, however, one would think that they would at least get the gender correct. My first name does not quite state 'female'. *laughs*
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
              X