This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Eve Drunken Texting

Oh lordy. I did it again. But apparently it's not just me.

To be fair, the only really inebriated text I sent for NYE was to my parents, which read basically "Happy New Year! I love you both, and don't tell either of you nearly enough how much you mean to me." Etc., etc.

But as I said, it's not just me. I actually got a Happy New Year text from my roommate, Mr. Anti-Social. I don't give him that name randomly, mind you....he really is pretty much anti-social. And in all the years I've lived with him, I've never gotten a NYE text. So....odd. Must've been drunk, I'm thinking.

But that was not the oddest one. I got one from my older sister, aka The Witch. I have to quote this, because it is still shocking to me: "happy new year!!! love you & miss you and hope to spend time with you in 2012."

Upon further reflection, I don't think it was just booze on her part. I am thinking that that was a mass text she sent to a bunch of people. There's really no other answer.

So, any of you send or receive inebriated NYE texts? Share with the class!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Oddly enough, no drunken texts were sent to me this year.

I...don't know how I feel about this.

I'm just telling myself everyone I know got too drunk to actually use their phones.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I dropped my cell phone and broke it last week...no txts from me...

but the peace and quiet are nice...

Comment

I got texts, but my friends don't get drunk, so....
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had a drunken Skype call with friends, does that count?
          "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Wish I could have gotten drunk. LOL.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Yep. I got several, but the best ones were, "Hi! Happy New Year! I'm naked on the balcony, and my butt is cold!" and "HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm drunk, fat, and happy! HUZZAH!"

Comment

I got nothin'.

If you guys want a real time-waster, check out textsfromlastnight.com

Hilarious, but strangely addicting...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

No texts. Just a phone call from the boss, which was along the lines of "Happy New Year...Wanna work tomorrow?"
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    Wish I could have gotten drunk. LOL.
                    And why couldn't you? If you don't mind my asking....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      And why couldn't you? If you don't mind my asking....
                      Had to be a responsible adult since I was babysitting my granddaughter.

(Also, I was worried that once I started, I might not stop. )
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Thankfully, no annoying drunk NYE texts last night.

I've been truly blessed this holiday season.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          Had to be a responsible adult since I was babysitting my granddaughter.

(Also, I was worried that once I started, I might not stop. )
                          Combined, an excellent answer. One I have no argument with. So....now that you are not babysitting your granddaughter, you are going to have a few to celebrate, yes?

Still A Customer."

Comment

I didn't receive any drunken texts this year, but I have had many in the past, most of them from my mother. One year was really bad. I had a bad cold and my asthma was playing up so I had gone to bed early, then 12:45 am rolls around and it starts. The first message was mostly legible, "hose you have a goof new year". I replied the same, but better spelling. Started to go back to sleep and the next message came through. This had the same message, but a couple more spelling mistakes. I replied with the same message and tried to go back to sleep. 20 minutes later another text, with even worse spelling, arrived. I decided to ignore it, and again tried to sleep. Mum wasn't having it though. 15 minutes passed and another message arrived. This time I recognised some words, but most of it was unrecognisable. The next text about 10 minutes later I believe said something along the lines of "I think I'm a little tipsy". I responded "No you are pissed. Put the phone down and go to bed". 20 minutes later I'm told that she might be a bit more than tipsy. At least that's what I think it said. About 10 minutes later the message was total gibberish. As was the next 4 messages over the next hour. By then I decided to send a message to dad telling him to take away mum's phone. Dad doesn't drink so I knew he was sober. He sent me a message saying he didn't realise she was doing it but it was taken care of.

When I told mum a couple of days later (she had a really bad headache for 2 days and couldn't talk to me earlier. Wonder why that was?) she didn't believe that she had sent me all those texts. Well she didn't believe me until I told her to check her sent folder. Even she couldn't understand what she had sent to me. Then she told me I should have turned my phone off, and that it was all my fault. Problem was I use my phone as an alarm and I needed to wake up to take my medicine.

Comment

I received some texts, don't know if they were drunk or not. I myself went nowhere and drank nothing because I had a migraine. Happy New Year.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X