This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptic Musings

Ok, I know this is gonna be a WTF when it's read. But I don't want to give out a lot of personal info, yet need to get something off my chest.

Anyone ever wanted to share something with someone, but felt they shouldn't for various reasons?

I have a relative that's been in the news lately. One part of me wants to tell people I know, and post on here, hey, that's my relative.

Another part of me says nope, since it's not because of anything about me, it's sort of like name-dropping when you know a celebrity, and tacky.

And another part of me says nope, cause although the relative is in the news for good things, the family background involved isn't particularly good, so it's airing dirty laundry a bit.

So I haven't even told anyone I know in real life either (cause I have to admit, after moving and all, I have acquaintances & casual friends here, but not any really close friends who I would tell for sure). Hence sorta feeling like I want to tell someone.

And it's just weirder than hell to go to a major website or turn on the TV & see a relative Gotta admit, I always figured if I ever saw a relative of mine on TV it'd be on something like the Jerry Springer show

Ok, now I've confused everyone to no end, thanks for letting me get it off my chest. You can now go WTF and get back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

I know. My cousin was on one of those dating reality shows a few years ago, then wrote a book about it. It was cool to have a reletive on TV, but at the same time she's an attention-grabber, and I don't respect that. Attention was the only reason she did it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I know. My cousin was on one of those dating reality shows a few years ago, then wrote a book about it. It was cool to have a reletive on TV, but at the same time she's an attention-grabber, and I don't respect that. Attention was the only reason she did it.
      I'm quite impressed with how my relative is handling their 15 minutes, but I cringe to think what some other relatives might do to cash in on it if things continue.

Comment

Did I mention she doesn't think I'm good enough to speak to? Even though her sister does? Yeah....

Comment

If I'm guessing the right news story on who your cousin is, I'd have you tell them congrats for me, but they've probably got plenty of that already. And if that doesn't sound right, then I guess I guessed wrong.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Umm, OP here, the relative isn't my cousin, the cousin was of the poster who had a cousin on a dating show.

You may have guessed who my relative is, but not sure.

Comment

Oh, sorry. That's what I get for posting before I've had coffee. Derp.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Well, I'm sure no one has heard of my cousin. It was around 2003.

Comment

Working...
                X