Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those snowbound, what are you doing to keep busy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those snowbound, what are you doing to keep busy.

Thankfully I ended up with today being my day off, so being stuck at home I decided to be someone productive (while putting off studying, homework, and cleaning)

Make m&m cookies; a loaf of bread, and turkey stock for use in making turkey stew tomorrow.

And watched a bunch of stuff on Netflix

I may as well have had the day off. We had our "Holiday Party" today so I didn't get much done. Then we left a little early (maybe 45 minutes early for me) because the roads were getting slushy. Since I got home I've read my usual daily websites, been watching TV, did some dishes, messed around on Facebook and here. I need to do some laundry and cleaning this weekend whether I'm stuck here or not. There's also a documentary that a blog I read mentioned, and Glee from last night, to watch.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-09-2013, 03:22 AM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Skyrim, and i've lost 4 pounds this week

Comment

Stay warm up there. Wish you guys could send a little snow down here to VA, or even to Alaska. My Aunt wants some snow real bad over in Homer.

Comment

Wait, you mean this isn't a normal thing?

As for me, gaming naturally. That and file management on my system. That's gonna take a bit of time.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Driving home from work last night. Two AM. Fifteen degrees. Snow falling at three inches per hour, winds steady at 50, gusting to 70. Visibility while driving was LITERALLY measured in inches. Drifts of snow erased any evidence of the four-lane highway I was driving down - even without the blizzard, it would have been "aim between the signs" most of the way. When you discover that you're driving in the passing lane and didn't know it, and the wind is too strong to nudge over into the travel lane, the road conditions are maybe a wee bit beyond the skills of most drivers.

"Why the HELL were you driving your car when the storm was at its worst? What kind of lunatic are you?"

I work in media, so I don't really get snow days. In fact, working in media means that when a weather event like this happens, it's even MORE important for me to get to work, so the information about the event can be disseminated. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a martyr for the cause and I ain't about to die for THIS job, but I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. Upside is I love my job and I get the stizacks for it.

I have a co-worker with a 60-mile commute. ...I haven't seen him since he left the office last night.

Comment

Working...
            X