This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out my mother has cancer.

My mother found out she has breast cancer this week. She had a weird dimple in her boob for a few months and finally decided to get it checked out. :/

She's staying so calm for us but I know shes terrified inside. Shes going today for a needle biopsy. Pathology results by Tuesday and then we'll be able to see how far along it is and what treatment regime she'll have to go through.

I always kinds dreaded thinking what I would do with my parents when they got older and unable to care for themselves. Now that its not granted (not that it was before, but this diagnosis kinda changed the way I was thinking).....Im a mess. I'd give anything to be able to guarantee my mother lived til she was 100, with me by her side every moment.

Also, I'm ready for this year to be over. Is it 2014 yet?

Good lord! You are going through a lot. More good thoughts and a kick in the ass to the universe to stop it!
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Dude! So much awful stuff!
      *lots of massive hugs* I hope that it's everything goes well for her.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*Massive hugs* Me and Lady Legira are going through the same thing, our mum has breast cancer too (well shes just had her breast and lymph nodes removed). She just noticed an odd lump in her breast, the doctors here were awesome though, got things done quickly. Lump found a little under month ago and removed two days ago.
        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I'll keep positive thoughts for you and your mother

Comment

Oh snap, that totally sucks amina. /hugs

I'll be praying for you and your mom, hope everything's at a minimum, and it all goes smoothly.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

She came out of the procedure crying. I know it was in some respects due to the pain (they couldn't find her lymph node right away), but I think it finally all hit her. She has cancer.

We're doing our best to support her. I'm screaming inside but I can't let her see. I can only let her see that I'll be her rock. We go Tuesday @ 1530 to talk about whether its localized or spread and go from there.

Bardmaiden, prayers for your mother and your family. This isn't easy and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm glad things ran quickly for her.

Thank you all for your kind words. They really do help.

Comment

Oh Amina! Big hugs from me, because I've been where you are! My mom had oral cancer in 2004, and I watched her suffer through the surgeries and treatment. Then in 2008, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which, sadly, was found too late. Tell your mom to keep her chin up, and keep fighting, and remember, as my Dad told me: Sometimes, you just have to cry it out.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I'm not a religious person but I'll pray for your mom, my grandmother had breast cancer.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 - she had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. She is now cancer free. It seems very overwhelming at the time, but the best thing you can do is to be there for her. Chemo can be rough - I did a lot of cooking and housecleaning for Mom at that time and I went with her to every chemo appointment. When they gave her a diploma, they gave me one too. It will get better as time and treatments go by.
                    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

So very sorry to hear this. Keep us updated . . . add my prayers to everyone else's.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

/big hugs
                        I'll be sending prayers your mother's way.

Comment

I'm sending you, and your mom, all my good thoughts.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Big hugs, Amina, for you, your mother and all your family. Big hugs and all my good wishes.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Oh hon, you're going through so much right now. I'm so sorry. Praying for you. I had a scare about my mom recently thinking she might have breast cancer. I don't know how I would have responded if the biopsy came back with cancer. Please in all of this find some time to take care of yourself. You can only give and take care of others so long if you're running on empty.
                              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X