Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Housing and Mental Health Help in Denver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing and Mental Health Help in Denver?

Hi everyone.

Hubby and I lost our apartment because of cut hours at my old job and the fact that my first paycheck from my new one didn't show up quickly enough. We don't have an eviction (we settled) and are currently bouncing around to different hotels in the brand for which I work because we can't afford the standard rate (I get an employee stay rate). We're looking for a wheelchair accessible apartment (or at least one where Hubby can get to the front door in his chair) but they are few and far between and rent is pretty much insane here. I can't find employee rate availability at one of our places beyond next wednesday and I'm starting to lose it.

Anybody know of inexpensive apartments / low income housing / charities / charities that provide hotel vouchers or other housing help that might be able to help? Also, tips on how not to go insane while envisioning sleeping in a park would be nice. I'm staying on my meds, and reading my sacred texts, and praying, but that is about it.

Thanks.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Is there a Traveler's Aid Society in your area? They were an amazing help to me last year when I was in a tough spot. The worker there got me into a shelter that had a four month waiting list in two days. During my time there I saw the same guy pull off miracles for other people.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I found a link with Agencies in Denver. Catholic Charities was always good to my friend when she needed assistance - they are on the list. There's contact info and descriptions with each one listed; hopefully one or more will be able to help you. Good luck; I'm praying for you and your Hubs.
      http://www.lowincomehousing.us/CO/denver.html

Comment

salvation army, united way, first call for help (which is 211), homeless hotline
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm in the Springs, and have a handful of places, but I don't know about Denver. Try calling Open Bible Medical Clinic (Phone: 719-475-0972 | Fax: 719-475-0322|openbiblemedicalclinic@gmail.com) and ask what their equivalency is in Denver. They run strictly on volunteers, so their open times are a bit wonky.

The SET clinic here provides non-narcotic meds for an entire year for 15 dollars a year. they may know what works like that in Denver 719) 776-8850

The Denver Rescue Mission can assist with housing and can assist with first months rent and deposit. Based on the website, it appears extremely religious, and includes "prayer" with services, so if you are uncomfortable with that...
          6100 Smith Road
          Denver, CO 80216
          Telephone: 303.297.1815
          Fax: 303.295.1566
          e-Mail: info@denrescue.org

Comment

Working...
          X