This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next?

I live in Illinois. The land where the state itself is broke as fuck. And I just learned that because the state is broke I am losing my insurance. I only work part time and I need several expensive medications to treat my anxiety, depression, and Asperger's. I can't afford those meds without my insurance. I also have nowhere else to go. What the hell am I gonna do? Any advice?

If you lose your insurance due to no fault of your own you can get subsidized insurance even outside the enrollment period, I think. https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage-...llment-period/
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What about Medicaid? Do you qualify for that?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        What about Medicaid? Do you qualify for that?
        I already have Medicaid, albeit through a managed care plan. I'm just really scared that I will no longer be able to afford my medication. I hate my state.

Comment

Its getting bad over there across the river, ifn I lived there, I'd be bailing out. Lottery is running out of money, and just today it made the news that one of the school districts has announced that they'll be out of money by Feb and doubt they'll ever recover from it even if a budget gets passed.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

No advice at all, ThanosIsKing, especially since I don't even live in your country. Just hoping you find a solution quickly.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X