This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep or toss ...

And by "toss" I mean "donate" in this particular case ...

I've already put some brand-new clothing (as in, tags still attached) into a donation bag for various reasons (was over-optimistic about the size and found out that elastic waists aren't always a good thing, among other things ....)

I've also got two nice knitted tops ... yep, they are definitely nice ... they are also hand-wash and dry flat only. If I'd read the damn label I likely wouldn't have bought them in the first place.

They were purchased for the first office job that I got. I no longer have an office job of any sort and I'm a little sceptical about whether I'll ever get another. IMO they're a little too "nice" for retail ... especially when I'm on closing shifts that require scrubbing of dishes, emptying of trash, mopping of floors, etc.

So given all that ... do I keep or donate these tops? What's your thoughts?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Keep them for now if you have room. They'll come in handy if you want to dress up a bit. You can always donate them later if you change your mind.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

If the handwash and dry flat thing is a deal-breaker generally, then I vote for donate. You'll get tired of having to give these tops special treatment pretty quickly.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        If I'd read the damn label I likely wouldn't have bought them in the first place.
        I vote: Donate and don't decline the tax receipt.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X