Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop myself from loving this idiot?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jester, dude, I'm in love with the Brit and I've never met or seen her! She just sounds like an awesome person in general.

One of my problems is G lives with another male friend; L. I enjoy, so much, being mean to L and picking on him for all the ruin and damn nation he goes through with girls (it's sooo funny watching him fail epically). L never really likes to hang out with me unless I'm over at the Condo (where they live) so he can beat me at X-box. But we tend to get along well. I'm going to miss hanging out with him if I can't go over to the Condo to hang out anymore.

Alas, poor EQ. Her heart is in shatters Horatio.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I feel no love for my exes, frankly. A certain nostalgic fondness for the most recent of them, sure, but certainly not love. But that's more of a feeling that I hope she ends up happy in life. As I bare her no ill will and we still speak from time to time. But love? No. I know she isn't right for me, so that would be pointless.

I guess I'm too cerebral. Once I've logically decided against something I process the damage, recover and move on. However even I would not venture to maintain contact with an exe on a regular basis directly after the fact. You need a cool down period to get over it, focus on yourself for a while and move on.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Jester, dude, I'm in love with the Brit and I've never met or seen her! She just sounds like an awesome person in general.
        She was truly awesome.

That being said, I do tend to somewhat deify her, to myself, and on this site. Sure, she was gorgeous, witty, funny, intelligent, brilliant, clever, fun to be around, great in bed, and one of the few people who ever put my evil older sister in her place.

But she was also neurotic, paranoid, sometimes cold, sometimes distant, sometimes frigid, a pain in the ass, a heavy drinker, a recreational drug user, and a coffee addict.

Do not forget when you listen to me extoll her virtues and how much I miss her that, while all of that is true, I am a hopeless romantic speaking of the greatest love of his life.

A grain of salt is probably called for.

One of my problems is G lives with another male friend; L.

I'm going to miss hanging out with him if I can't go over to the Condo to hang out anymore.
        A small problem attached to the larger problem, and you are bright enough to know which is which.

And remember, there are times in our lives where we have to sacrifice something we like for our own well-being.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I feel no love for my exes, frankly.

I guess I'm too cerebral.
        I am very logical and rational. I am also, sadly, a hopeless romantic.

All of the above, however, has nothing to do with the fact that I parted with most of my exes on good terms, almost always civil, sometimes downright friendly, to the point where I would invite several of them to my wedding. And I see nothing wrong with that idea, though I know that other people would.

I don't feel all that much love for most of my exes, but there will always be love in my heart for The Enchantress (my first love) and The Brit (my greatest love), and even, to a lesser extent, Blondie, for reasons only she and I will ever vaguely understand.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I still on good terms with all my exes as well. To the point where yes, I was invited to one of their weddings. Which I didn't mind though as you say, the idea can hit as a bit strange to onlookers. Heck, it hit me as a bit strange to begin with, but I didn't have problem with it.

My most recent ex is still trying to drag me to one of her shows ( she is a songstress ) but working nights and weekends I sadly can never make it, qq. I've heard her perform of course, but never with an audience larger then moi to applaud, ehe.

Comment

L never really likes to hang out with me unless I'm over at the Condo (where they live) so he can beat me at X-box.
            Doesn't make for much of a friendship...he may be fun to hang out with but do you want to be friends with someone who only expects you to come to them and doesn't make any effort to meet you halfway**? Sounds like he sees you as someone fun who just comes along with his roommate.

**This applies to romantic and platonic relationships. I've had friends like that (including most-recent Ex) and it gets really old.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't hear from my exes much at all. We're still friends, but I've apparently been forgotten. Probably just as well, since I have no heart. What can I say, other than relationships have never really worked..
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I suppose you and I are kind of in the same boat, EQ. My ex of two and a half years dumped me last month because he's still madly in love with his ex (Who's dating his best friend, what's the friggen point?). Came as a big shock.

Since our situations seem to be similar, I can't really offer advice as I haven't sorted it out on my own yet. I guess we just both really need more time to come to terms with it. I am doing this by inwardly cursing and whining and crying and going back to cursing him. I can only assume I'll do this less and less as time goes on, though we too see each other at least twice a week (The damn wonderful fool seems intent on staying my friend).

So I guess my best advice is... wait it out.
                Last edited by Chazzie; 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Waiting it out does seem the best course of action.

Anyways, life may suck but I'll always be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end yet. I should be happy; I have a house, good roommates, a worthwhile job and a dog that adores me.

Which reminds me, I need to take her for her walk! We walk two miles every day just because she and I both are lazy gits!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

EQ - Come to NZ. Here you can bake cookies to take your mind off it, and then I can eat the cookies to take your mind off it... yeah that'lll work....

p.s. - Bring cookies
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Hmm, I've got friends in Auckland. I really should save my dough and fly out to New Zealand some time. I want to see if all those freakishly green pictures are real or not (I'm told they are, but it's one of those things you just have to see for yourself, ya know?)

*hunts for shortbread cookie recipe*

Comment

shortbread?! You dare hide shortbread?! Lol.

Yah the greenery is really real. And the mountains and bush down in the south island is great too.

BTW.... Wellington is better than auckland lol
                        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Wellington, eh? I believe my friend T'ana* has a sister (brother?) in Wellington.

*Not her real name, but her sn from an old MTG forum I used to go to.

Comment

Working...
                          X