This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scar fading

I'm a scratcher.....its nasty, I know...and I have scars all over my legs, arms, and back.

Does anyone know a good way to fade them? (they are reddish-brownish) I've had this problem for my almost 32 years of life and the straw finally broke and I cannot stand it anymore (had my boss's boss look at my arms funny the other day)

One of my dearest friends is getting hitched, wants me to me be the wedding...only she wants me to wear a knee length gown. I will not be in the wedding if that is my only option

Any help would about wonderful (besides the stop scratching....I am working on that)
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Well, get after burn lotion (Aloe is best). It's getting to be warm out so the sun block and sunburn lotions will be out soon. Pick up a bottle of real Aloe (it's about 5-$10) and slather that stuff on twice a day; once in the morning when you wake up and once before you go to bed.

Works great on stretch marks too.

I used to have real bad scars on the back of my legs. It's from slidding down a mountain side (rocky) with thorns growing on the side. Ouch.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Cocoa butter is the BEST stuff for healing scars. You can buy it in solid sticks in the ethnic section of the hair care aisle.

Comment

Or Bio Oil.. bit pricey, but its managed to fade one on my face
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Use sunscreen daily to keep them from getting darker.

Comment

I dunno, man, we discovered the incredible scar-fading properties of cocoa butter back in the bad old days when we were using ethnic hair care products for suntan oil. This was before it was a given that tanning was bad.

Not only did we look like people that ought to be shopping in the ethnic hair care product section after that, but our split ends went away (from our hair hanging on our oily backs) and so did my cousin's rather nasty brown burn scar on her forearm. This was big scar, too. It wasn't like a skin graft scar, just what looked like a dark port wine stain all over her forearm.

I went on to use sticks of the stuff to avoid stretch marks when I was pregnant. I(t worked. ) as well as various scars all us cousins had growing up. You can't even see the scars on my knee from surgery years back.

Comment

Aaaaand cocoa butter smells good!!

Ha, thanks for all the ideas....I'm working from home on thurs, I'll have to pop out to pick up some things...I think I'll try the cocoa butter first
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Vitamin E oil also is supposed to help

Comment

I use cocoa butter for my strech marks. I also scratch my legs in the middle of the night, but I dont notice since I'm sleeping. I just wake up with bloody legs and really gross scratch marks. Needless to say, Im a worshipper of jeans. I don't wear anything else.

And as for that knee length dress, you can always wear nylons/panty hose as a temporary cover-up.
                  Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                    And as for that knee length dress, you can always wear nylons/panty hose as a temporary cover-up.
                    That or spray on tanner..

I had surgery, over 600 stitches worth, I had two surgeons tell me to use Mederma to fade my scars...my scars are skin colored. fwiw
                    Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

There's an actual scar-remover cream. I know b/c my ex was/is a cutter and used it (not the best way to learn about a product, but wutever )

Comment

I'm really glad you asked this question, Cat. I have so many scars from cutting and burning myself at work, so now I've got a stick of cocoa butter from the ethnic hair care aisle as Kinkoid suggested and it has vitamin E. The biggest problem I've got with it so far is that I smell STRONGLY of chocolate afterward. Wouldn't be a problem if I smelled like good chocolate, but I smell like the cheap, crappy stuff that's always the last to go from Easter/Valentine's/Christmas/Halloween clearance.
                        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

As long as you're not alergic, aloe is one of your best bets for your skin. If you can manage it, the best way is to drink pureed aloe. It tastes absolutely vile. Alternately, a fresh bit of aloe, split and rubbed on. Beware of any gel that doesn't list the percentage of aloe in it as the vast majority have only enough to include it on the label.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X