X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Get Physical(s)

...Let the doctor hear you talk...

I'm not going into boring details but suffice it to say that the last few months I've been dealing with inertia and tiredness. No imagination, not caring to leave the house, not caring to go beyond the most minuscule, minimum attempts to do anything, reading comprehension heading south, sleeping about 12-13 hours a night, etc.

The symptoms were similar to depression, only I was not depressed!

Went to the doc last week for my annual physical, the one where they take blood, other samples, X-rays, etc., and I mention this to my doc.

Two days later I have to go in and give them more blood. My sodium and potassium levels are off the chart low, and they want to retest.

Googled these issues and by golly there I am! Turns out my blood pressure meds have been doing this. So I am on a new scrip and we'll see how these work .

I am so relieved! I thought it was "just me!"

So there you are. So some advice: go see your doctor on a regular basis and talk to her/him. Something you didn't even think about, something very small may be out of balance.

And a big bonus for everyone...an earworm for the day!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

didn't they tell you to take a potassium suppliment once a day with the BP meds? My doc did. Actually she sat down with me and went over my nonscrip stuff with me and advised on what I should suppliment with.

I also found on my own a spiffy website that you register with for free and it will go through your drugs for interactions, and monthly will email alerts if new interactions are found.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Nope, he did not.

Thanks for the cool link!

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
        Nope, he did not.

Thanks for the cool link!
        no problem ... research helps you work with the docs to maintain or improve health. you really do have to be proative nowdays.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

and for your edification-the potassium rich foods chart-list food item and potassium in mg

ya know how everyone says Bananas are high in potassium?

3 oz of cooked tuna
          1 teaspoon of molasses
          1/2 cup of cooked beets
          1 sweet potato(with skin)
          1 cup of tomato juice

all have more potassium than a banana....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

^^^^I am sure glad for that because I think bananas are gross!

Chocolate has potassium, too!

Comment

Bananas are also really high in sugar. Eat loads of tomatoes, they taste awesome, are awesome for you, and can be integrated in lots of awesome dishes (unlike bananas which don't go well with very many things).

Comment

My grandmother had problems with her potassium levels. She ate a lotta 'taters and 'naners.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X