This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's always been my song.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 07-13-2011, 03:45 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I talk and laugh in my sleep too, Rugz frequently asks what I'm laughing at, which wakes me up and then I can't remember what it was. I also get recurrent sleep paralysis/nightmares and feel all of the things that happen in the nightmare when I take a vitamin B complex tablet, but am fine with B12 and Folate tablets.
      I pray aloud when I know I'm in a dream but can't force myself to wake up. Once I say 'Amen', I wake up and have to stay awake for a little while otherwise the dream takes up where it left off. I once had a fully coherent consersation with my Dad even though we were fast asleep in seperate bedrooms.

Miss Jazzy has inherited it, I take her to the toilet when I'm about to go to bed and she's fast asleep. She sleeps so soundly that I've undressed, showered, redressed and put her back to bed after changing the sheets without any murmurs. The most frequent conversation is "Mummy? You know what, Mummy? I love you, you're a wonderful mummy!" though we did have one the other night: "Vegetables, Mummy, VEGETABLES!!! Vegetables are very important, Mum...okay?"
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I was laughing in my sleep last night.

It may seem silly to be so self conscious, but it makes me feel like such an idiot.

Edit to add: I don't know why nowadays it's so bad because I quit giving two stumps about it with my last bf, but I was actually embarrassed when my parents caught me doing it last Sunday at their house. I mean, years and years of doing it and I'd just laugh about it. It may be because I'm still in the "impress" stage of a new relationship with the guy, where I try not to fart (already failed) and try not to make a fool of myself if we go to sleep together. I feel bad for him because he's the type to not sleep well in newer places, so he has hardly slept anytime he's spent the night here, while I've been dead in my sleep laughing to myself.
        Last edited by blas; 07-15-2011, 04:40 AM.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The wife talks in her sleep quite a lot, and often it makes no damn sense. Sometimes the best part is she'll jump out of bed still in the middle of a dream, waking up and freaking out because of something on the ceiling. Quite often it's been a spider.

One memorable occasion? "There's a turtle on the ceiling!"

Comment

I talk in my sleep plenty, from random words to sentences. The other half does it too :-)

If I'm sharing a room with someone new, I just warn them. There isn't a great deal you can do about it. Keep a notepad next to the bed to write down any interesting things being said because you won't remember it in the morning ;-)

Comment

Sleep issues are, like others have said, your brain not turning everything off fully. My sister sleepwalked for a while when we were younger-- everyone woke up to her banging her head on the downstairs hallway wall! As far as I know, she's never done it since...
              You might want to look into hypnosis. It can deal with subconscious stuff, which this might be, or self-hypnosis. I'm leery about it, simply because I don't trust people enough with my lower brains.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Two of my cousins and my brother had a complete conversation about school one time they all were sound asleep, but answering each other.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X