This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship Application

So this isn't actually about the process of application more about how it's impinging on my life.

Background - I am currently living and working with my 3 friends from University setting up a theatre company with them. The 3 of them act and devise whilst I run the admin/technical side.

So a few weeks back one of my housemates/company members found an internship advertised for one of the top UK theatre companies. As it runs during our theatre company 'quiet time' he decided to apply for it. He mentioned it to us, and another housemate and myself have also decided to apply for it.

Now the internship is an admin based one - so I figure it would be great for me as it would add to my experience. The other 2 are going for it purely because they like the work done by the theatre company.

I don't want to sound big-headed but I have a lot more experience than them in the areas they are looking for; and I think that they are aware of this as well. It's causing a few tensions in the house because they don't want me to beat them to it. We haven't even heard back from them yet! I don't want these tensions to spread over to the company when we do shows either. I'm worried that if I get through to the interview rounds and they don't there will be an actor style hissy fit. Of course I could be jumping the gun, but any ideas on how to cool tensions down a bit?
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Just sit them down and say, "Look, fellas. It's out of our hands now who gets this job. It may be one of us, or it could be someone else completely, as we are certainly not the only ones that applied. If one of us gets it, great! Congrats to that person! But let's not let this whole thing interfere with our working relationship here. After all, it's totally up to the theatre company now."

Or something along those lines.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X