Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Need to convince parents bf insn't a rapist...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jester's right. -nodnod- Or at least provides excellent food for thought.

I mean, I'm all for online relationships and how they can work out, but I've known my bf for almost 5 years and we only met in person last year, after I don't know how many hours talking on the phone, IM-ing, and emailing constantly. So we knew each other pretty damn well, and it was still a bit nerve-wracking and anxiety-ridden. So I mean, it is a big deal and you guys haven't known each other for very long, so I can understand why your parents are worried.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Thanks Jester. I swear its the truth, but I know it sounds like a novel so most people are kind of doubtful about it. I wish everyone could feel that kind of love for someone just once. And its more than love too, its respect. And I know he feels the same for me. I won't say things are perfect because they never are and we are two different people, but we work very well together.

Eisa is very right. Just like Eisa, it took three years and one heck of alot of phone calls, emails, etc before my husband and I met face to face. Kisa, I suggest you take it very slow. And let him show your parents over time that he's worth it.

Comment

Holy beardo. Go under for a few days and then convince yourself to be just another in the crowd and this is what I come home to??
        I was just going to say that "it comes down to your parents getting to know him"!
        Fabulous points, all! Thank you, Moirae, Jester. (Stories are all the same, it's the details that make them great-- and all stories come from reality and the things that happen in it. Yours is a great one. You should write, fictionalize it or something.)
        (Also, my mother never went in my room for anything when I was a kid. I've done my own laundry for fear of her since I was fifteen. What? She doesn't separate colors!)
        Independence... yeah, it's a bit different having to do stuff, being the only one who'd touch it... it's not too crazy, however. You just gotta juggle. You're better off than I was. Yeah, I was prepared... but because of my own personal ... 'style' (I guess) I had a bit more of a jolt transitioning.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

teh_blumchenkinder, what I wrote doesn't even remotely cover it all. I agree, it would make a great human interest story turned movie, but I wouldn't know where to begin writing it all down.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            Kisa, I hope you didn't think I was being rude. If I was, it wasn't intentional. I just wanted you to know the gravity of this decision. There's more at stake here than just your parents. Most people can't handle it.
            Not at all I have a lot of respect for anyone able to go through all that and have the strength to talk about it. I'm not that strong. I have shared some things on other threads, but I don't have nearly enough strength to dig up all of it and lay it out on a thread for all to see. I'd rather it stay hidden. I will say I have been in abusive relationships. I know long distance relationships are very difficult, almost impossible, but I would choose long distance over abusive any day of the year.

I added that last reply because, after reading some of the responses, I felt that maybe I portrayed myself as a sheltered flower who never does chores and just let mommy and daddy protect her from ever doing anything for herself.

Next year, I will be leaving for college and will be living in one of the school houses paying for my own rent, utilities, doing my own laundry, and buyng my own food. Wish me luck
            Answers: $1
            Correct Answers: $2
            Answers that require thought: $5
            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
              teh_blumchenkinder, what I wrote doesn't even remotely cover it all. I agree, it would make a great human interest story turned movie, but I wouldn't know where to begin writing it all down.
              well begin at the beginning! >_> Seriously, start a bit before you met, and go from there. Maybe add in past relationships as a "see what it was like before" thing, and wham.

/wishes Kisa luck.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
              X