X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy qestion, what can be done?

short back ground.
    this was related to me via my mother and stepfather. so its all i know, and knowing my stepsister its not the full story as when she deals with her dad there is often info missing. could not think of asking this in an open ended way so to post in sickbay, to life advice i go.

M-my mom
    SS - stepsister
    SD - my stepdad, SS's bio dad

Was informed by mother that stepsister is due this month of august and that SS's dr told her her amniotic fluid is low.
    In my mind I think, ok drink more water. Then i think, would that even fix it? Because if baby's fluid is low, so is mine as where does that fluid come from? my body. However what can be done if drinking lots of water doesn't solve this?

Only other things I do know are that SS is due this month, as she is 8 months along already and if what dr advised her to do which i have no idea what that is doesn't work an induction will be done.
    There are many many reasons I worry that I don't want to list just yet. Heck t his whole pregnancy has been a tale of woe.

IF the reason that the amniotic fluid is low is dehydration of the mother, then yes, drinking more fluids would help. Specifically, water, soups, and other non-diuretic fluids.

Drink less diuretic fluids. Colas, coffee, some teas, alcohol.

Consider having rehydration icy poles, or other rehydration drinks (though check with the pharmacist that they're pregnancy safe).

HOWEVER!!!!

Amniotic fluid could be low because of problems with the transplacental link. It could be low because of hormone issues. It could be low because of problems with the placenta, or the amniotic fluid bag, or some nutrient or micronutrient required to create amniotic fluid. Or .. lots of reasons.

I am not a doctor. I am not HER doctor.

The only advice I can give is based on rehydrating a dehydrated person. And if she's not dehydrated, then my advice is useless. And if she is dehydrated but the amniotic fluid is low for other reasons as well, my advice is still useless.

What can be done? Take her to her obstetrician. Find out what's causing it to be low. Find out what the solution is. Implement the solution.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Midnight12, I strongly recommend you take your sister to her doctor, as this question is beyond the scope of this forum.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
      X