Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does one wear to a New Year's Party?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I
    And lest any of you think that I was joking about my outfit last night, I took a picture!
    Just another one of the reasons that you are AWESOME, Jester!
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Jester wins, yet again :P

Apparently the standard this year in NYC was ridiculous micro-skirt/dresses, made possible by the surprisingly balmy weather we were having (something like mid 40s - 50s).

My friends and I did our standard of wearing just about what we wear all the time, with a couple instances of niceish clothes (My friend in the formal shirt/vest with jeans was probably the most dressed up:P ). But then, we don't go out to bars, or clubs for NYE (seriously, come NYE, there is nothing other than douchbaggery to be found in NYC)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Actually, that's cute. And I'm lovin' the beard!
        Thank you. Though it's a goatee....unlike my father, I have never been able to grow a full beard. Honestly, though, the goatee is more my standard mode than the cleanshaven look....though like my father before me, I am often going from one to the other these days, after 12 years of almost nonstop goatee-edness.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
        Just another one of the reasons that you are AWESOME, Jester!
        You mean there are others?

Quoth thansal View Post
        But then, we don't go out to bars, or clubs for NYE (seriously, come NYE, there is nothing other than douchbaggery to be found in NYC)
        As is the case in most places. Which is why so many professional drinkers and drunks don't bother going out on NYE, referring to it as "Amateur Night." And while my older sister and several of my friends are among them, and I see their very valid point, I myself cannot resist going out. The last time I stayed home for NYE was probably 1986. The last time I was out but not at the bars for NYE was probably 1991.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X