Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever bought private health insurance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever bought private health insurance?

I'm unemployed as of June 30, and trying to find affordable health insurance I can pay for myself.

Yeah, right.

Any advice?

I had to buy private health insurance myself to cover me and the girls. Sucks. Badly.

Try going in to an office though, and talking to a person face-to-face, if possible. They are more willing to work with you, then, and will try and help out more than if you did it, say, over the phone or online.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I know about this well. I pay for my own. It's bare bones basic insurance, and it costs me $118 per month. It only covers catastrophic stuff over 5k. If you have an insurance agent for other types (auto, etc...) go to him/her and ask about it.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Some states have programs that are under the heading of medicare/medicaid, but are actually HMO/PPO structured. In NY, it's called either CDPHP (if you're in the capitol region), HIP, or HealthyNY. They're low-cost insurances, originally designed to cover kids under the age of 19 (for free), but eventually expanded to (paid) coverage of any qualified adult.

Comment

What about state/county insurance for low-income? Worked out very well for me.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Try looking at http://www.zanderins.com/ they are brokers of all types of insurance and should be able to find a good deal for you.

Comment

If you have any military ties, you might qualify with USAA. They just teamed up with a health insurance company and, while costly, it still looks better than other plans I looked at.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
              X