This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell super about keys?

[b/g]I had a fellow tenant's daughter catsit for me several months ago. The only way I could contact her was by texting her (if the family has a central phone number, I was never given it). After I returned, I made several attempts to set up a meeting to pay her ... and incidentally to get my keys back. She seemed very lackadaisical about the whole thing -- "I'm out now but will be home later" is typical of the replies I got. Later? HOW later? WHEN?? How about saying "I'm out now but I can come by tomorrow at 5:30" Nope ... NO initiative on her part at all. After several fruitless attempts to set up a meeting, I gave up in frustration, thinking surely she would eventually contact me.

Nope. Apparently $100+ is not relevant in her world.[end b/g]

Now I'm moving and I've texted her twice, again, reminding her that I owe her $100 and I'd like to get my keys back.

No response.

I should add that I don't know what their apt. # is, although I'm pretty sure they're on the ground floor.

Now, there did seem to be times when she wasn't getting my texts. So I asked boss at the newspaper to contact her for me (girl is boss's son's GF). Boss said she'd send the girl a FB message to contact me.

To date ... nothing. (To be fair, for all I know, boss completely forgot about the FB message ...)

So my question is: do I let the super know this girl has a set of keys to this apt.? There is NO reason to believe she would use them illegally. And of course super and I are not exactly great friends ATM ...

And if I should tell him ... when? Now? The day I drop off my keys?

Some thoughts: If you know her name the landlord or super should be able to find out where she lives if she's also a tenant.

How many sets of keys are they expecting back? We had to turn in all keys but they only gave us one set; we made 4 sets of copies (for a total of 5 sets), one for each of us and one for each of our parents, but the complex didn't know how many copies we made. They got back 4 because my roommate didn't get a chance to get the other set back from her mom.

I would think (hope) they change the locks between tenants, so it shouldn't matter as long as they get back the number of sets they are expecting. If they are not expecting that set back I probably wouldn't even bother to mention it.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-28-2012, 09:45 PM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X