X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, how the hell are ya?

Hi all!

I've worked in CS for a while. Did about five years as a Nursing Assistant in nursing homes, and another five years in pest control.
    OK, so I spent five years nurturing and another as a hired assassin. Gimme a break, I had to make a living!

Anyhow, I am currently working in a large home improvement company on their service desk. Most customers rock! But there are some...

By the way, did I say "Hi all?" Glad to be on this board, it's hilarious and supportive (from what I've read).

Dear Customer, the amount of the extra mile I'm willing to go for you is inversely proportional to how much of a prick you are to me. Got it?

Ha ha. Five years in a nursing home and five years pest control? So, ten years pest control then? LOL

Just kidding. But the way some of the stories about old people go ...

Comment

Well...most of the old people were very cool. There was of course, some fear about their situation (being old and checking out) that I could deal with. Some were simply Sucky Customers. Nothing done for them was right. And their families could be worse. Y'know, like: "OK, I understand you live in the same city as your Mom/Dad, Gramma/Grampa, so why don't you come visit their lonely asses more than once a month? And why do you ream me in orfices I didn't know I had for things we don't regularly do and you and the Resident haven't requested?"

Ahem.

Pest control was more fun. At least I could kill bugs and varmints.
      Dear Customer, the amount of the extra mile I'm willing to go for you is inversely proportional to how much of a prick you are to me. Got it?

Comment

Hey, Dino
        to CS.

Sounds like an interesting career.
        I see you also work in a home improvement store.

I know you must have some interesting tales.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

And Ree, I have a question: How can I change the tag under my name from "Bagger" to "Service Desk"? Perhaps I missed it in the UserCP, or maybe I need to email a Mod?

Thanks.

Comment

Actually, I think that title is based on how active you are. As you participate in the forums, you move up the ranks.

I assume you want service desk, as that's your job description?
            I will ask our 'tech' guys on the admin/mod team and get back to you if it can be changed.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Thanks Ree.

Comment

Working...
              X