This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from another phone peon

Hello all! Wonderful bastion of sanity this place is, and I've finally decided to register. I actually don't have that many stories to tell. Over the years I've managed to avoid most of the stupid customers and equally stupid "managers."

How, I'll never now.

But I'd sure like to find out so I can write a book about it, maybe save some unfortunate souls from going prematurely grey. Anyway I'm a phone tech for an evil satellite TV company who's name rhymes with "Hell".

Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Im about to be come a phone jockey to

ahh the joys of sitting on my butt all day!!

welcome to the site by the way

rule number one, dont eat or drink while reading stories, your screen will thank you for it!!

go read the vinegar saga, it was the first story I read and well worth the read.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-03-2006, 06:26 PM.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Lots of interesting stories to read here. Just be prepared to be in awe.
      "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Hi, Talon!

I'm on my third call center stint (lamentably laid off from shipping company tech support, quit an inbound sales call center due to panic attacks and other stress problems about a week before I'd have been fired for poor sales (I am just NOT a sales person), and am now doing insurance eligibility and benefits (plus in some cases finding out why a claim did/did not process as the provider and/or patient expected)). I actually like the more customer-service and problem-solving call center jobs. Of course, I'm trying to figure out things like how to move a caller along from telling me his/her entire life story before getting around to telling me what the purpose of the call was in the first place. (sigh)
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I have been very negligent in my greeting duties, but better late than never, I guess.

to CS, Talon.

As you mentioned, there are always some pretty good tales to read around here.
          Enjoy.
          Last edited by Ree; 08-19-2006, 04:13 PM.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
          X