X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Evening.

Good evening, ladies and gents!

New here, just signed up. Been lurking for quite a while and decided to actually sign up and hang around. ^_^

Let's see, where to start?

I'm a book fanatic, have well over a million dollars invested into my library (thank you used book stores!), and am always looking for more. I'm 21, so I'm just now legal to drink and one day someday I want to own and run a bar of my own.

I've worked construction for most of my life and have been in the retail business for two years (Dollar Tree: Go ahead, AS ME HOW MUCH SOMETHING IS!!!!!). As aggravating as it is, I like it, so I'm slightly masochistic in the sense that even if someone is rude to me I will still attempt to help them.

The therapy should be kicking in any moment now.

Am a slightly sarcastic personality. Slightly.

So that's me in a nutshell (pecans!). Hope to swap stories soon.

-Retail Workhorse
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Walnuts!!

Welcome to CS!

I love books, too...I have tons (many of which have no covers because of my years in the bookstore and taking every good strip I could get my hands on...)

Unfortunately I have no shelves to put them on at the moment...

When I get around to it I will drag my dad to Lowe's to help me lug home some bookcases...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Boards & bricks = cheap but fairly sturdy shelves. Cover with contact paper or fabric as desired. Don't ask me how I know. Let's just say that I have a book a day habit and there is no 12-step program for biblioholics. Course, I'd fail the 1st step right off the bat.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
        Boards & bricks = cheap but fairly sturdy shelves.
        Nessecity is the mother of invention!

Quote possibly one of the best Ideas I have ever heard of online (I'm easily pleased), I suppose breeze block will work just as well for the taller books?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh yes, I'm sure. But you have to use sturdier wood for the shelves, then.
          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
          X