X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, Myself and JAM

Hi,

I worked 7 years ago at Schmal-mart in the housewares section. Although I only really worked in that section 30 minutes a day when the manager didn't have me out pushing carts the whole time I was on shift. I had some doozies of customers working there.

I went off and worked security for a few more years and didn't have to deal with to many customers. Although the station I was assigned to was in the middle of the night at a secluded lake I had quite a few run-ins with people copulating in their cars.

For a few years I didn't work any customer related jobs and made my life much more happier. Then the big day came when my brother called me up during the supermarket strike here in Southern California. He told me he had a friend who was a store manager and needed someone with a commercial license to go out and get the trucks so they could get their deliveries.

To make a long story short I was hired and worked in Albertson's for four months. I ran the milk box while doing my other duties and making more a week than the store manager. Not to long after that gig ended I went on to drive heavy equipment for a few years.

Now I work for a home improvement store which wont be mentionedThe Home Depot. My main job there is to stock the freight that comes in. They switched over to a new schedule for their freight associates from 8 hours to 4 hours. The management complains that their freight isn't being put away when they get 120 pallets. When you only work 4 hours and two of them are during store hours, and it takes two hours to take out and put away the freight. We get all the heat and comments like my 4 man team can do 120 pallets in 8 hours while the store is closed.

Sorry didn't mean to rant there, anyways I'm new but not new to retail.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~~ Thomas Edison

Welcome!!!!

Rant on. We have popcorn.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Welcome, welcome, and bring on the tales! ^_^
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
      X