This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West coast islander

Been dealing with customers about for about 36 years now, but damn, you guys really have had it a lot harder than I ever did!

I'm not sure I belong here, not having worked in anything resembling retail since about 1979. But I've been doing tech support, front line consulting, and general farting around with customers for a while. I've humped my geekdom across 3 continents and about 9 countries (mainly UK, France, Japan, Mauritius, UAE, and now Canada). Never had too many troubles with truly sucky customers though, mainly because I've been lucky enough to either have the management backup to quickly squelch the asshats in meaningful (and often very expensive, and once very painful) ways. Later in my career I had the truly awesome experience of being introduced (to a company VP) as "he'll solve all your problems, but don't f--- with him". That made my day.

So I won't be posting too many of my stories, because compared to the ones I've read so far, I've been blessed! But I hope you'll put up with my kibitzing anyway

Welcome to the site, O Well-Travelled One! Enjoy yourself!!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
    X