Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the board, sadly not new to retail.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board, sadly not new to retail.

Hi there, I'm James and I'm new here but have read a great many of the posts and after about 5 years of working in retail I can definitely feel the pain and have many stories of my own! I can't wait to get out of the business and get into my chosen field of Graphic Design. I started work at an oil change shop called Oil Can Henry's for 6 months. I then got a job at Circuit City and worked there nearly 4 years until the company folded and I was laid off...3 days before Christmas! I am now currently at RadioShack where I've been for 4 months, and it's really just more of the same. It's a steady paycheck, but I will be glad when it's all behind me and chalked up as learning experiences!
    Last edited by TimeBombTown; 06-02-2009, 08:28 AM.

Quoth TimeBombTown View Post
    I am not currently at RadioShack where I've been for 4 months, and it's really just more of the same. It's a steady paycheck, but I will be glad when it's all behind me and chalked up as learning experiences!
    to

So are you at Radio Shack or not? I'm confused?

Comment

Oops...I meant that I *am* currently at RadioShack!

Comment

Reads like he's still there... til the graphic design kicks in.

And welcome to the club. :hi:

We're not all insane, but it's hard to tell sometimes
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
          We're not all insane, but it's hard to tell sometimes
          Speak for yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X