X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, hello.

Let me just say Hello.

I am honestly surprised that there is a website where people can just talk about sucky customers.

A little background, I'm a student who is still in high school. When I got my license, I needed a job. I decided to apply at a local Italian restaurant (Not one of the nice ones -- it has a drive through).

Now, it was an interesting ordeal for the 15 months I worked there. I was hired at 16, no prior work experience, and my brother used to be the manager. Fast forward a year, and only four of the employees have been working longer than me. At this point, I'm making $5.90/hour, while the 16 year old girl hired a month ago is making $6.50. Am I a trouble employee? No. I'm always on time, and always get the work done. So why am I paid less than everyone else? No answer from my boss on that.

People seem to miss the distinction between 'Fast Food Italian' and 'Italian food fast' -- It's going to take several minutes to make your food, but faster than at a traditional restaurant.

I've already, in my spare time at school, written 7 pages of stuff that customers fail to realize is just... wrong.

I look forward to reading your stories and sharing my own!

-Ahanix
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
    Let me just say Hello.

I am honestly surprised that there is a website where people can just talk about sucky customers.
    I have to admit that the inventiveness of people on the Internet rarely surprises me any more. However, this is one of the more friendly places.

Welcome aboard!

Rapscallion

Comment

For those who want to see it, here's the 7-page thing I wrote (Word format)

http://www.ahanix.org/10C.doc
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

to CS, ahanix1989
        I read your page of venting that you wrote. WOW!!

Looks like you found this place just in time. It's a great place to vent and save your sanity.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
        X