This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The obligatory 'I'm New!' thread

So here I am. I'm new. I'm posting on four hours of sleep (have to go open the store this morning) so I'm a bit brain dead.

Anyway, a little bit about me: I work in a yarn store somewhere in the United States. I'm not going to have a whole lot to say here, because 99.9% of my customers are great people, and a small number of those are absolute angels who bring me handmade preserves and other delights. However, all of those sweet people do make the sucky customers stand out in sharp relief, and there have been some doozies.

Here's a short and sweet, just to set the tone: Had someone come in the other day and look around my store, which is utterly packed floor to ceiling with yarn, yarn, and more yarn. Yarn in the displays, yarn on the shelves, yarn in baskets and on tables and in boxes. Then she looks at me as I am knitting (with yarn!) and says: "Do you have anything... you know, like string?"

Take your pick, lady.

You should have said "It's down past thte three aisles of yarn and shoestring, next to the pineapple pizza."

Good story, welcome.

Comment

to CS, Arachne

Great posts so far. It's always great to see new members who are so active.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X