This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new but old

Hi, I discovered this site on ‘The Red Tape Chronicles' with 'Win Customer Service Phone Battles'. The name caught my eye.
    I am a CSR - have been for going on eight years now. I work the phones with incoming calls in the United States. I have worked for an online book store, an internet service provider, and now a cell phone service provider. The clients change but the customers do not. 90% to 95% of them know what they are doing and getting into but it is the 10% to 5% that cause the creation of this site and the stories that can be, are, and should never be told.
    I have thought for years that I should write down the calls one never forgets and offer advice to the 'uneducated' and 'stupid' and 'clueless'. But there is no hope to educate them for they are what they are -selfish, self-centered, ignorant, stupid, arrogant, bullish, screamer, demanders, and not nice people.
    That article was correct. Customers who nice, polite, have their ducks in a row, and the info they need in hand get the results they want. Customers who start out demanding, screaming, yelling, cursing, with no back up, get what they deserve – nothing but ‘I’m sorry, that is against policy’ or ‘the charges are valid’ or ‘your bill is 3 months past due and the total is required to turn on your service’, ect, ect.
    I talk to about a 1,000 customers a month. That is over 84,000 or so to date. That makes 8,400 to 4,200 stores to tell.
    This will be fun. Some of the stories I have read so far make me feel good in that I have never experienced such horror. I thought I had it bad on some days. My but you people are good - great even. There is hope for humanity.

Hello there, CSR628
    to CS

I hope you will share some stories with us, and even if you don't have some of your own to share, feel free to offer feedback on the stories you read.

I am so happy you found us and joined up.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I am pleases I found you, too.

I am pleases I found you, too.
      Story:
      Cell Phones: A women calls yelling that we have restricted her service – she was paid to date, etc and that her cell phone says “Service Restricted”. How could we do this to her? I asked her to please turn her phone off and then on. She said she have never turned her phone off. I said that could be the problem. Cell phones need to be turned off at least once a day to reconnect to the towers. She said she did not know how to turn it off and then yelled at her husband. He came and turned the phone off and then back on. The phone reconnected to the towers and was working correctly. She then said, still irate, ‘why do I need to turn it off? It should pick up from the satellites’. I informed her that she had a ‘cell’ phone and not a ‘satellite’ phone. She then hung up without a ‘thank you’ or an apology. Some people should not own CELL phones.

Comment

Some people have apparently never used *anything* computerized. Not working = turn it off and back on, first thing.

Welcome to CS!
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
        X