X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, but not there

Hello all!!
    So i ran across this site while reading an article online aobut how bad customer service is now. The article made me think about when i started in CS and how much worse customers have gotten since then. I am 28 now and am working as a product support technician for a software company. I started in CS as a server at a local resturant when i was 16 and moved into retail later in and after school. The best job i ever had was in a kitchen store and the worst part of it was the customers. Like I said, I have since moved to manning the phones for a software company and most of my day consists of telling people "Yes that is the way the program is designed to work" and "No, I cannot rewrite the code for you so that it will do what you think it should do and not what its supposed to do!"
    Love the site. I am so glad that it is here.
    Thanks

"Yes that is the way the program is designed to work" and "No, I cannot rewrite the code for you so that it will do what you think it should do and not what its supposed to do!"

I work at a software company and boy does that sound familiar. Since we are small, I do customer service and sales as well as first level support both by phone and by email. I am also the company president's secretary.

Welcome. This is a fun place.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

to CS, techsupptodd

I am so sorry this is late, but I missed an entire page of new member posts and have fallen way behind in my official greeting duties.

I hope to see you back posting with us again.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X