This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, all!

Well I came across a reference to your site on consumerist.com, which is funny because in many ways, they are the flip side of this coin - a site where customers revel in destroying customer service workers to get what they want! (well, OK, to be fair, it's not that bad, but there are some pretty interesting stories there...)

Anyhow, here I am, I've read a few posts to get acquainted with this site before I signed up and I think this could be very, very cathartic. It's awesome to have a place that makes a connection between so many people with similar experiences and temperament levels.

A bit about me: in brief, I've done college and I've run a gamut of jobs since way back, the service-related ones being: dining room server, advertising and promotions salesman, retail electronics salesman, and currently, 10 years as a service station attendant.

This last one is definitely not where I want to remain - it pays the bills and puts food on the table, and I can still pursue my true interests on the side. I am definitely not defined by my job.

There are quite a few service horror stories I have accumulated - but in general, I find the public I serve is really not that bad overall. I've tried to get to know every regular and semi-regular customer somewhat personally, by being friendly and taking an interest in them not as walking wallets but as human beings - and it really helps. It changes work from endless repetitive drudgery into an actual social event every day. And it amazes my boss that I can remember so many people's individual details. I told him, "it's easy to do when you don't look at them as numbers..."

I'm looking forward to slowly getting to know everyone and sharing war stories. I think it will be a blast.

I am so sorry this is late, but I missed an entire page of new member posts and have fallen way behind in my official greeting duties.

Better late than never, though, so to CS, Scooter

I look forward to seeing more great posts from you again.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
    X