This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie......

One of my co-workers told me about this site, and I am sooooo glad I found it.
    I've worked various CS jobs, both as a CSR and a manager. I got out when I went to grad school and then spent several years in chosen field (education). And the more I think about it, the more I realize that even teaching was still a CS job, especially when I had to mollify the parents of some bastard a-hole child who expected to be told how precious he/she/it was every blasted second.
    So I decided to take a break from that. I now work as a CSR in the billing department for a television provider (I'm sure if I tell enough stories about this company's policies, you'll know which one I work for).
    I have been at this job for almost four years, and I began in October of 2006. Oh, oops, did I misspell "months"? My bad.
    So far, I have been called every name in the book, in at least 7 languages. Why? Because the calls we get are mostly from customers who haven't paid their bills. It's so bad that at our call center, we have a holiday every Thursday, called "Pay Your Bill Thursday."
    And it's always our fault that they haven't paid their bills. Naturally, that does entitle the SC to call me every foul name they can think of, with each epithet enetered into the account memos (properly spelled and punctuated, of course).
    I am anticipating that this coming week will be especially nasty, since the Super Bowl is next weekend, and every customer who has been disconnected will call in and want a free restart, just for the game.

Anyway, thanks to the people in charge for this site. I know I'm going to enjoy it .. a lot!!!!

I am so sorry this is late, but I just realized that I missed an entire page of new member posts and have fallen way behind in my official greeting duties.

to CS, Bonnie Bitch

You've got some really great posts, and are really active on the board.
    I'm so happy you joined us.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
    X