X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - I'm harmless

Hi all.
    I've been a fan of the site since the old days and finally decided to join up for the forums.
    I've been doing retail for the last..um...13 years, I believe.
    Whoa.
    Anyways, for the past 8 I've dealt in the musical equipment rental business where we have all sorts of sucky customers so I look forward to sharing some of my horror stories with you as I've read, cringed at, and enjoyed a ton of them from you guys.
    There's something about a broke musicians not being able to afford their rentals that brings out the beast in some of them...and their mothers...and their wives.

Don't get me wrong - there are some that couldn't be sweeter; even if they are late and have fees they know it is their responsibility and act like adults about it.

The problem is the ones that never grew up...still trying to be in that high school garage band mentality...I half expect to see some of them being dropped off out front by their mother in the minivan with strict instructions to be home by 8 for dinner...which they then blow off to go huff paint behind the school with their friends.

Ok, by looking at a few other 'hi' posts, I see I talk too much...
    Lemme sum up:

Scary when you stop to count it up, isn't it?

Welcome to the board. Talkin's what we're all about, so blather on
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

to CS, harmless

Never worry about coming off as saying too much. I've had to pop a "long and venting" disclaimer on more than a few of my posts.

So happy you've joined us and I look forward to more of your stories.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X