X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so-not-a-starbucks...

hello,
    i've just stumbled upon this although i have been a member of the customerssuck Live Journal community for years before. my interest waned when that community got kind of nasty to it's own members and lost the spirit of the thing, but i came here and it rekindled my interest...

i work for a large bookstore chain which has a cafe that SERVES starbucks coffee... though we are NOT a starbucks, we are actually a huge, national chain bookstore. (you probably guessed who by now, but shush). anyway, i am full time cafe server/bookseller. the customer suckage in my job is pretty phenomenal, probably enhanced by our proximity to the county with the highest incest rate in the STATE, the fact that NYC shipped a large percentage of it's drug addicts and insane homeless here for "treatment programs" in the 70's and undoubtably exacerbated by the giant 24-hr-mega-wal-mart within walking distance (shudder). we get some INTERESTING clientele. and lately their overwhelming STUPID has made me want to vent.

so, hi, all, and i hope to be an interesting addition to your community.

-felix
    "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

I've occasionally browsed the LJ community. The big difference is that we have a fairly large set of rules here, but the heart of them is that you respect other members, even if you disagree with what they say.

Come on in and start venting

Rapscallion

Comment

Ooh, ooh (*raises hand*) I know, I know...!

I work for them too, for almost 9 years. My first store didn't have a cafe (Thank Dog), but a Starbucks attached to it (that created its own problems ) and my last store has a cafe but in my 2 years there I managed never to be cafe trained. I count that as one of my personal accomplishemnts (but I don't think I can put that on my resume). I don't know how you do it I am now in Distribution and I don't miss the SCs one bit
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

to CS, felixxkatt

As Raps mentioned, this is a very unique community here, as we try to keep in the forefront of all that we do here. There may be other forums that say, "Customers Suck", but there is only one customerssuck.com, and accept no substitutes.

I know you must have some great stories to share and probably a good deal of venting.
        I look forward to having you join in our forums.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
        X