X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello all!

I'm an in-store tech with a large wireless communication company, I'm sure I'm chock full o' stories!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Well, thank you gods, er mods, for allowing me to show my face here, even if it is an ugly one.

Yes, a lot of customers do suck, especially in my line of work and the sad part is that the reason a lot of them suck is because they have no idea how wireless networks work. I've been working for my company for over 6 years now and I'm just starting to learn! When I'm dealing with some of them, I just think back to a quote I heard last year,

"Customers are often right, and when they ar enot, they think they are. We'll pretend they are because it's not worth fighting to prove them wrong" (Jay Goltz - Artisis Frame Servie).

People have the mindset if anything goes wrong, it's the phone. My bill is too high, my phone is charging me too much. They drop a call, the phone doesn't work. They get a "network busy" message, it's the phone. Their voicemail didn't go though, it's the phone. Their friend's caller ID didn't pick up their number, it's the phone. It can't access their work email, it's the phone.

On the site, I help my wife with her dog activities (you name it, she does it) and her clubs, including maintaning their web sites, message board, and so on. While I could fill up one forum with the cell phone stuff, I could easily fill up another with professional dog "stuff" (show, training, working, service, you name it).

On a personal level, I love to observe stupid people. Not uneducated, where you don't know any better and want to learn, but stupid where people DO know better, hence 'Draggar's World of Stupidity' (check my profile for the link). For example,

Uneducated: Customer has an issue with their phone. It is not an "issue" just how the system works. I explain it to the customer and they understand but also expressed that it is an inconvenience for them.

Stupid - customer comes in with their battery not holding a charge. I explain to them that they're on the web all day (or text messaging etc..) and they say "Well, that's not talk time, that's only standby time and I should get XXX days out of it" and they refuse to listen. (Or the customer who stands at the counter saying "Well, it's a NETWORK problem so I need a new phone now!!").

Check out the site, you'll understand where I'm coming from.
    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

ooh! doggies! sorry, if you read enough of my posts you'll find I'm a tad obsessed with a certain little canine critter.

Welcome to the board!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        ooh! doggies! sorry, if you read enough of my posts you'll find I'm a tad obsessed with a certain little canine critter.

Welcome to the board!
        My puppy:

www.kirigsd.com

She's just one of them.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Whoa, big dog! My baby is in my avatar. It's almost actual size (he weighs 6 pounds) Pitiful thing, ain't he?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

to CS, draggar.

What a beautiful dog.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X