X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lrn 2 math better

Not sucky, just brain-farty. Two from today. The first:

Woman and her adult? teenage? daughter come to the cash register with a cart full of stuff.

Total is $51.01 They have the loyalty coupon good for $10 off a $50 purchase that starts today. Total is now $41.01.

Woman hands the cashier a dollar bill and a penny.

*beat*

*beat*

Daughter speaks up. "Moooooom! You owe them $40 yet! Did you really think you were going to get two bags full of stuff for a dollar?"

Woman finally wakes up, takes back her $1.01....

and writes a check for the purchase amount of $41.01.

This happens as the other open checkout lane is being taken up by a lady buying over a thousand dollars worth of stuff. So the managers on duty are attending to her, bagging her purchases and loading them into her four shopping carts, and then barking over the PA for backup cashiers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another woman comes to the service desk with an alarm clock, which she says doesn't work because it's stuck on 12:00.

Service desk girl takes the clock and finds that it is showing 12:00 as the time....because the 12:00 sticker attached to the clock face hasn't been removed.

Service desk girl removes the sticker and tells the woman she should be good to go. Woman decides she wants to return it anyway.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

When I worked at stick figure office supply store I had an older lady came in and walk over to me. By the way she walked, I could tell she was pissed. She proceeded to rip me a new one since her new printing calculator she bought wasn't working because it was showing '123456789' all the time. I took it out of the box, and removed the sticker on it, and told her "it should work fine now" That wasn't good enough for her, I even powered it up and tested it for her. showed it worked fine and she was still bitching that it didn't work. I finally ended up telling her the returns are to the left, they can help you, and went onto the next consumer.

A couple months later I had someone else bring me a caller ID box with the same 'Issue' They described to me what was going on and as soon as they gave it to me to look at you could tell they made the connection. I took the sticker off for them, powered it up, and it worked fine, then gave them back the box. They laughed and said "I guess it would work better if I took the sticker off" Thanked me, and embarrassingly left the store.
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Another woman comes to the service desk with an alarm clock, which she says doesn't work because it's stuck on 12:00.
      So glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read that
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X