This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 for water at McDonald's! :D

After I filmed that video about construction in Chinatown, I wandered around Chinatown until it was time for dinner. As the food court in the local mall was closed, I headed to McDonald's and ordered a McDouble ($1.59) and tap water (free, this is important).

McDonald's is having its dollar drinks menu throughout the summer, so all fountain drinks cost $1 regardless of size. I was filling up my McCafe-sized cup with water and ice when I heard this girl and her friends come up. The girl had a large cup, but she didn't know what drink she wanted. She wanted to save calories, though.

Did she choose Diet Coke? Coke Zero? Nope! Both have 0 calories, but guess what beverage she chose!

That's right! She chose water!

That's right again; she paid $1 for a large cup of water, whereas she could have gotten it in a small McCafe cup for free!

I pointed this out to her, and she sheepishly said, "well, I already paid for it."

Maybe she was REALLY thirsty?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Wait, wait, let me guess. Teenager?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Well, she did seem pretty young. So either teenager or young adult.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Last year I paid $1 for water at McDonalds. I was really dehydrated, the grocery store had (refrigerated) bottled water 500 ml bottle for $1, McD next door had any size drink (including the 32 ounce - almost a litre - large) for $1. Got a large ice water (self-serve), drank part of it, and topped it up before going on my way.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I love water and that's what I pay for if I ever get a combo meal anywhere. Going combo is cheaper, and frankly, the other drinks can rot and die. Water is delicious. I can drink a whole cup and go back for more, unlike the sugared sodas and juices that leave me thirstier than when I started.

Comment

Working...
          X