This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please kill me!

BG; I work as Tech Support in a large UK supermarket, helping customers buy tablets, laptops, Tv's etc

Had a nice old lady come in yesterday with a fruitPad, saying that she couldn't connect it to her home wifi. Explained to her how to connect, telling her about the SSID and password on the back of her router.

She came back in today, with the SSID and password written on a piece of paper and asked if I could connect it for her. I explained to her that unless I was in range of her router there is unfortunately no way that I could do that and suggested that she got a neighbour or member of her family to set it up for her.

Next question: I tried to charge up my fruitPad last night but I could insert the connector, can you tell me why? Take a quick look at her tablet, take it out of the case, remove the plastic wrap that Fruit wrap them in in the box, return it to the case, and then plug in the charger.

To be fair to her, she was very embarrassed that it was that easy to fix her second problem

Quoth SimonF12009 View Post
    She came back in today, with the SSID and password written on a piece of paper and asked if I could connect it for her. I explained to her that unless I was in range of her router there is unfortunately no way that I could do that and suggested that she got a neighbour or member of her family to set it up for her.
    Depending on how the wifi settings are handled it could be possible to set it up remotely but that would require a LOT more information to do so. (Go on, ask anyone in the tech field if they enjoy manual configurations. Reactions will range from hopeless laughter, to screaming fits, to curled up in a corner sobbing. )
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      Depending on how the wifi settings are handled it could be possible to set it up remotely but that would require a LOT more information to do so. (Go on, ask anyone in the tech field if they enjoy manual configurations. Reactions will range from hopeless laughter, to screaming fits, to curled up in a corner sobbing. )
      Could have manually set it up for her, except her wifi passcode had too many characters, so she had copied it down wrong so it wouldn't connect anyway

Comment

Working...
      X