This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you not understand checks?

***Okay, maybe I'm being too picky here, but I get this one all the time and it gets annoying.***

Customer hovers by the checkwriting stand for about 30 seconds and then walks up to teller window with checkbook in hand.
    "You don't have any checking withdrawal tickets."
    (what I wish I could say) "You're holding them in your hand. They're called CHECKS!"
    (what I really say) "I'd be glad to help you with a withdrawal. Let me fill out this form and get your signature."
    "Any free samples?"
    "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

I can see where you're coming from, but when I'm actually IN the bank, I prefer the withdrawal slips, myself.

Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The bank charges me an exorbitant sum for my cheques, so I don't use them if I don't have to.

But my bank doesn't use withdrawal slips anymore, anyway.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I guess I wasn't entirely clear with my example. I totally understand people not wanting to use checks because they're expensive, or whatever other reason they want to just do a withdrawal.

The ones that bother me are the ones that don't even understand that checks ARE withdrawal tickets. I've had customers ask me why their checkbooks come with deposit tickets, but no withdrawal tickets. Duh!
        "Any free samples?"
        "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

I don't think that your example isn't clear, I think that it's because it's not the way our banks operate. I get it, and it's a valid annoyance for you, but it looks like most people's banks have either abandoned withdrawl slips entirely, or use specific ones instead of the cheques. And really, it does seem like a procedure designed to make the bank more money, if they're making people use their cheques for in-branch transactions, and then charging people to order more cheques. But that's not your fault.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*cough* if I may enter into the conversation... my first bank account did have withdrawal slips that you could pick up at the entrance to the queu...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I've seen savings-account withdrawal tickets at my bank (they're pink), but the only tickets for checking accounts are deposit ones.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                I've seen savings-account withdrawal tickets at my bank (they're pink), but the only tickets for checking accounts are deposit ones.
                That is what my bank is doing i a few weeks. I just had to go into the branch to deposit a check my neighbor wrote last week. The last time I was in there was snow on the ground.

Comment

At my credit union, there aren't any slips at all. If you for example want to withdraw money from your savings account, you just go up to the teller and say "I want to withdraw $XXX from my savings account". I got confused, however, when you can't do the same thing with checking accounts. Even at the teller, the only way to withdraw from the checking account is to write out a check. Fortunately, they do have "generic" checks there behind the desk that you can fill out like a regular check to get your money. I thought it was weird, though.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

Ditto. Been that way ant every bank I've dealt with for .... well, multiple decades. Certainly since 1987, and probably since the 1970s.

Comment

Idiot Kansas bank...

I had to do a wire transfer from my bank here in Kansas to Hawaii.
                      I had all the info written down clearly.
                      Had to go to the office to do it, not just a teller line. BIG boss had to do it.
                      She looks at me and says "Oh, we don't do international transfers at this branch".
                      I look at her... "uh.. Hawaii is still part of the USA as far as I know".
                      And she is handling my money......

Comment

I've never used a check or withdrawal slip in my life. I discovered this new fangled invention called the debit/ATM Check Card. What are these mythical paper-things of which you speak?

Comment

Working...
                        X