This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you just say?

Some background first, in the shoe store I work at we sell an odd looking rocker soled tennis shoe that is supposed to give the wearer a full body work out. They claim to especially tone ones rear end and thighs.

I was wearing mine one day at work, when a lady in her mid 50's came in and was asking about them. I ran through the standard spiel and showed her mine. She decided to try a pair on, I turned and walked to the back and half way their she says to me

"If I wear those shoes will I have an a$$ like yours?"

I actually stopped dead in my tracks with my mouth open. I had no idea how to respond, so I smiled and shrugged. I'm a pretty fit young woman and happen to like the size and shape of my rear end so I assumed it was a bizarre sort of complement.

Other then her outlandish question the woman was quiet pleasant and ended up buying the funky shoes and another pair from me. I honesty think the filter between her mouth and her brain just wasn't working at that moment.

-Bitsy

Yeah, I would take it as a compliment. Definite brain to mouth filter issues there, but the old woman didn't mean any harm.

I once had a female coworker blurt out, "Wow, Megg, you grew an ass!" as I leaned out of the DT window. Embarrassing, yes, but I didn't get offended. A little self conscious, though.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I wish I could get a compliment like that.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hell, I'm a guy and I wish I could get compliments on my ass.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Can you find these shoes online? I could use a pair

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
            Me too, please?

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
              From the description, these are MBT shoes. MBT means Masai Barefoot Technology. On the web site, if you click the bottom right corner where it says "Where to buy" leaving the entry blank, you will get a list of web sites and stores that sell MBT shoes for the selected country. In the upper right corner, where a country name is listed (mine says United States), click on the name and you can select your country. The web site may use some programming to figure out where you are without having you tell it.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I was once having a chat amongst a group of us students, one a very attractive girl, who was doing the 'look around and compare self to other females' thing.

She sees a girl across the road, and says "I wish I had a body like that".
                I reply "Well, if you get one, can I have yours?"

She never did that again

(yes - that is a true story )
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Reminds me of one of my favorite Fortune line : "You've got the body of a teenager. Please return it to its owner before it starts to wrinkle."
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth bitsyww2 View Post
                    Some background first, in the shoe store I work at we sell an odd looking rocker soled tennis shoe that is supposed to give the wearer a full body work out. They claim to especially tone ones rear end and thighs.

I was wearing mine one day at work
                    -Bitsy
                    I was thinking of getting these shoes, and since you wear them, how are they?

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      From the description, these are MBT shoes. MBT means Masai Barefoot Technology. On the web site, if you click the bottom right corner where it says "Where to buy" leaving the entry blank, you will get a list of web sites and stores that sell MBT shoes for the selected country. In the upper right corner, where a country name is listed (mine says United States), click on the name and you can select your country. The web site may use some programming to figure out where you are without having you tell it.
                      yea, i looked at those a while ago; they're really expensive though, like at least £100; cheaper on ebay, but still alot...

look up "negative heel" shoes instead; same concept, just cheeper :P
                      sorry for my horrendous spelling; English is my first language, and I'm not dyslexic. I'm just shite at spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X