This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Excuse me, do you work here?"

I thought it would never happen to me BUT today I actually had someone ask me if I worked at Sam's Club!
    I was pushing my blue trash buggy filled with trash, wearing my blue vest & my name tag when this "Member" (that's what they call the customers at Sam's Club) asked if I could help her & before I could say anything else she asked me.."um, do you work here?" I was lilke I just looked at her & rolled my eyes. I had someone esle help her cause I was afraid my brain-to-mouth filter woould sputter & I'd say something stupid.
    I so much wanted to say.."Nahhhh, I always shop at Sam's Club pushing a trash buggy wearing a blue vest with a name tag".
    Where do they get these people at anyway? I mean like, wow...lol.

I don't know, I always wanted to tell them I was simply modeling the latest line of (store name) fashion wear.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I so much wanted to say.."Nahhhh, I always shop at Sam's Club pushing a trash buggy wearing a blue vest with a name tag".
      Heeeeeeeeeeere's your sign.
      It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
      The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

I seriously don't see the suck here. She was making sure that she wasn't going to get yelled at by someone who was wearing their uniform and shopping. Since you were moving the trash thing she could have assumed that you could have been janitorial and as such not part of the store, but yea, no suck on her part.
        Last edited by Aethian; 07-18-2008, 02:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Just say no. You know you want to.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            I suriously don't see the suck here.
            Not every post involves sucky customers. Some involve near sighted morons.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I don't see her as a moron either. I see that customer as being overly cautious.

Comment

I've encountered somebody who was even more cautious... asked me if I worked there when I was wearing my store uniform and standing behind the counter, with one hand on the register.

Comment

Hey, Admins! Could we get a transfer over to Brain Burps here? I think that'll solve this little debate shaping up.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    I don't see her as a moron either. I see that customer as being overly cautious.

overly cautious about what? In the get-up that I was wearing, you'd have to be clueless to think that I didn't work there.
                    Think about it-how many customers do you know who casually push a trash buggy filled with trash around the store while shopping? I didn't think so.
                    She wasn't sucky. She was stupid.

Comment

1) Wal Mart had a policy that you couldn't de-vest til you left teh store, even if you had clocked out. As I have not heard this being resinded, I am hesitant to grab and Walton employee that isn't actively doing something on-the-clockish. Which, granted, you were.

2) So we gripe if they assume people work at a store when we're shopping, and we gripe if they confirm that we indeed do work here? Come on, cut a little slack.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Hey, Admins! Could we get a transfer over to Brain Burps here? I think that'll solve this little debate shaping up.
                        What's that? Did I hear someone type the word "Admins" somewhere?

Actually, I didn't hear anything, because moderators don't have superpowers. If you think something should be moved to another forum, please use the report button!

I do think this story probably is better suited for Brain Burps, so I'm moving it. The customer wasn't sucky. Now get along, guys.
                        Last edited by Boozy; 07-18-2008, 01:22 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Please allow me to translate. "Excuse me, do you work here?" when directed to someone who obviously does and is working there, means "Excuse me, I notice that you work here, and I'm trying to politely attract your attention because I need a service from you and I must momentarialy distract you from the task you are performing at the present time." Customers are trying to find a way to convey that in fewer words. Alas, they choose words that make no sense. I know this because it's the sort of thing I'd do. Then I'd go somewhere and post to my friends about what a stupid thing came out of my mouth.
                          Women can do anything men can.
                          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                          Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                            "Excuse me, I notice that you work here, and I'm trying to politely attract your attention because I need a service from you and I must momentarialy distract you from the task you are performing at the present time."
                            Wordy, a bit long, but I'm gonna use it. Now I need a camera.
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                              Please allow me to translate. "Excuse me, do you work here?" when directed to someone who obviously does and is working there, means "Excuse me, I notice that you work here, and I'm trying to politely attract your attention because I need a service from you and I must momentarialy distract you from the task you are performing at the present time."
                              Personally I go with the phrase

"Excuse me, I wonder if you'd be able to help me?"

Much easier!
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X