This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for fellow employees, other emplyees, and guests alike

Just because the lobby TV is on doesn't mean I have been watching it. Believe it or not, I have WORK to do right when I get on shift. Actually, when I get the chance I turn the thing off. Matter of fact, I am pretty busy up until usually 130-2am.

STOP asking me what happened in the race, game, etc. unless you saw me actually looking at the tv...

This was inspired by a pizza delivery guy who asked me about who won what on the Olympics even though I hadn't been watching for two hours (even when I was at home), cuz I have shit to do. And when I told him I have been busy doing my work, he scoffed at me. This...this does not make me happy. After delivering his pizza, he stood in the lobby for awhile and was making all kinds of annoying noises loudly...
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

I was watching most of the weekend and right now can barely tell you who won what other than we (the US) swept female saber. But then again, I had the tv on while I was doing other things (household chores and knitting).

Comment

a variation on that... there is time delays in broadcasts on the channels we get at the hotel (like an hour or two behind the east coast, I'm not sure exactly how much to accomadate the local programming) and one of the Michael Phelps races was about to start, we had a person call in who overheard the announcements for it on teh TV in the background and they were like, that was a great race, you really should watch it... i actually did tell him if that was the case he'd have to call back in 5 minutes... apparently he didn't think the race was good enough to wait 5 minutes to call back...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X