This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost ATM card

This guy turned up looking for a lost ATM card. He was sure he put it in his trouser pocket, but it wasn't there. He thought maybe he dropped it in the store or the forecourt. I didn't have it so he went to look at his house.

20 minutes later he was back, still looking for it. This time he brought a friend to help him look. I still didn't have it and it wasn't:

-in his car
    -on the forecourt
    -on the floor in the store
    -on the counter
    -on the lost and found

He said "I don't know where it could be!" and put his hands on his hips...

...and bumped something small and hard in his jacket pocket.

Pulled it out, and guess what, it was the missing ATM card.

I do that all the time! Not really to the point of searching for hours on end, but something like that.

A fun variation is searching all over for something that's currently in your hand.
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post
      A fun variation is searching all over for something that's currently in your hand.

My aunt has been known to put on her glasses for assistance in finding her glasses.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        My aunt has been known to put on her glasses for assistance in finding her glasses.

I've done something similar... I've tried to find the glasses that I'm already wearing (which is probably the best sign that it's time to get new glasses)

If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I once spent ten minutes looking for an iPod I was listening to. Shows how much attention I was paying, eh?
          I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

Comment

Nox just reminded me of one I did... I put a DVD in the player, then I ran to use the bathroom while waiting for it to load... well I came back and despite the fact that the DVD menu was up on the TV screen and the movies theme music was playing I still went "oh shit, what did I do with the movie"
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I did something similar at my daughter's Well Child Check up/School Physical/School immunization appointment this past Friday. I had paperwork that I handed to the nurse as soon as we got in the back area and weighed Kelly. Then by the time we walked to the exam room, I had completely forgotten I had given it to the nurse & I was searching all over for it! Yeah, the nurse and I had a good laugh about it.

Comment

I was talking to my best friend on the phone while I was gathering my things and leaving work....got to my car, unlocked the door, got in, put my stuff down on the passenger's seat....then started looking for my cell phone.....

Comment

I know a guy who, when he was little, wandered all over the house in search of a specific action figure. He finally went to his mom and said "Mom, have you seen this?", while brandishing the toy he'd been looking for.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    *meekly raises hand* me too.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I've done the ATM card thing too. I'll forget I took it out of my wallet when I buy gas and never put it back in.

At least this guy found it before it went through a load of laundry...

Comment

When I'm done shopping, I usually have my wallet still in my hand as I'm going to the parking lot (bad practice, I know). I'll usually feel my pocket and freak out thinking I lost my wallet somewhere. I've also done the same with my keys.

ETA: Yeah, what Nashida said.

Comment

Is anyone familiar with the Rose is Rose comic?

My favorite comics in the strip are when Rose is looking for something (say her car keys) and she can't find them. After she steps away from the area she's searching, the car keys materialize (they were pretending to be salt & pepper shakers) and are all like: "Whew! That was close."

Comment

Working...
                          X