This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    Here in the states, in New Jersey and Oregon, it's illegal to pump your own gas.
    Ugh. I hated that while the hubby and I were traveling through Oregon. Thankfully, he is from Oregon and warned me about not being allowed to pump our own gas, but it was still annoying to wait for some teenager to mosey on over and not even offer to clean the windows while the gas was pumping. I was so glad to get into California and clean all the bug guts off the windshield. *HATES dirty car windows*
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

All of the pumps here in MD say "TOPPING OFF IS ILLEGAL DO NOT TOP OFF!!" The effing pumps at almost every station I've used, however, seem to be WAY oversensitive to being even SLIGHTLY out of position and likes to stop at $30(or below), even though I know it's not nearly full. I force it up to $35 when I'm below 3/4 tank because I KNOW when to stop and that it's not full at $30, but I'm always afraid somebody's going to blow a gasket and yell "NO TOPPING OFF!!!!"
      Testing
      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
        All of the pumps here in MD say "TOPPING OFF IS ILLEGAL DO NOT TOP OFF!!" The effing pumps at almost every station I've used, however, seem to be WAY oversensitive to being even SLIGHTLY out of position and likes to stop at $30(or below), even though I know it's not nearly full. I force it up to $35 when I'm below 3/4 tank because I KNOW when to stop and that it's not full at $30, but I'm always afraid somebody's going to blow a gasket and yell "NO TOPPING OFF!!!!"
        or you could drive a Nissan which for reasons I don't understand the 07's routinely click off at 7/8s of a tank... on my car it will click off and I can easily fit another gallon in (I actually have learned how to fill my tank manually listening to the fuel flow... and do I hate getting gas in Cali because of the vapor guards blocking the noise).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X