This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardrobe malfunctions - self sighting

Today, I might as well have just not bothered trying to wear work clothes to work.

First strike - I keep a pair of dress shoes at my desk and normally wear boots to come in or leave the office. My boots are getting some minor repairs so I'm wearing white sneakers which really stand out against my black pants. Today, I was wandering around in my sneakers (in front of the guests ) for a couple of hours before I realized I'd forgotten to change into dress shoes.

Second strike - Just before lunch, I went to the restroom and discovered that I hadn't zipped up my fly before leaving for work this morning. And apparently no one could be bothered to mention it to me. That or people just don't look at my crotch. I'm not sure if I should be bothered by that or not...

Third strike - lunch was hot dogs and mac n' cheese (with onions ) My very last bite of hot dog, the dog drops out of the roll and plunges down my shirt. While covered in ketchup. So my bright teal shirt, which I've only worn two or three times, now has a 4" long ketchup smear down the front.

Fourth strike - Turns out I didn't wear my name tag today while I was down around the guests. It seems at least one guest complained about my sneakers but didn't know who I was because I didn't have the tag on. On the bright side, my response to complaint was "If all they have to complain about is that I was wearing sneakers, we must be providing some high quality service, so let's not jinx it by writing me up."

All I have left to say is TGIF and 5:00 can't get here soon enough.

I know that a shirt is new and nice/ work wear by the fact that within the first three wearings something will land on it and stain it. Yes, even dark, black will somehow someway get stained.
    I really don't know what to do. I wear aprons in the kitchen.. . I use napkins when I eat etc.

Just part of my life.

Comment

one day at work I wore one of my favourite bra's underneath my shirt- red, blue and white stripe. The shirt is thin enough that while didn't notice it at home- dimmer lighting- for the whole day everyone at work could see it underneath my work shirt.

Got lot's of 'going to the beach after work?' comments.

Once, I forgot to take off my cool shoes before going on the shop floor. As these shoes are purple platforms with furry bits it was noticed.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
        Yes, even dark, black will somehow someway get stained.
        Have you tried using washing up liquid? I know it sounds silly, but if you put washing up liquid on a greasy stain, leave it to soak in for a few minutes, then put it straight in the wash the stain will often come right out. Must be because washing up liquid is designed to deal with grease. One downside - if you use one of the neon-coloured liquids on white, you'll need to wash it a few times to get the neon colour out!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

"Washing up liquid"? I think we're having a dialect moment. While I can think of several things that might be, I'm not positive. I'm thinking like "liquid hand soap" or something like that. Am I close?
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Not exactly at work, cuz my attire was not appropriate for work....but last night.

Had a real Janet Jackson moment.

Was wearing a super low cut shirt with a demi cup bra to accomodate the shirt so that I wouldn't have to keep tucking my bra back in under the shirt.

Not only was the shirt super low cut, the bra's demi cups were more like quarter cups. Part of my you know was poking out.

And I thought people were staring at me because I dance like an idiot.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              "Washing up liquid"? I think we're having a dialect moment. While I can think of several things that might be, I'm not positive. I'm thinking like "liquid hand soap" or something like that. Am I close?
              Yeah, it's liquid dish soap to us across the pond.

I got confused the first time I heard it, the only thing I could think was "aren't all soaps for washing up?"
              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

liquid hand dishwashing soap

Comment

I hadn't heard that option before . . .I will have to try that soon. Luckily knowing me it won't be long before I need to try it.

I always knew some day a Knight would come to my rescue on horseback . . .never knew it would be a virtual rescue.

Comment

Reminds me of a wardrobe malfunction I had once. I (had on one of those pencil skirts with the slit in the back with a blouse and long jacket) was on my way to work (I was working as the Receptionist for HR Blockenstuff) and as I was walking up the steps of the bus to pay my fare, when RRRRRRRIP! The back of my skirt rips! The rip went up almost high enough that if my jacket didn't cover it, you'd see my unmentionables. Since the office I worked in was in the second floor of the mall, tucked away in Sears, after an hour and a half of work, I high tailed it downstairs and got myself a new skirt.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I was working at Walmart - pushing carts for the living. The whole day I thought something was up. When a woman said that I had a hot ass, I said thanks. I was feeling good about myself after that. Then a coworker mentioned that she only said it, because I had a huge hole in my pants. Long story short, I wanted to die.

Another time, my usual group of friends was out drinking. Now on of my female friends had a low cut top on. And well at one point, she popped out. Yes I did enjoy seeing that. But I did mention it to her. And she used my hand to help and it was this hand
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

"Washing up liquid"? I think we're having a dialect moment.
                        Sorry for the confusion. I mean the goopy liquid that bubbles up when you put it in running water. You use it when you wash dishes etc. by hand.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal...d+750ml+2%2FPk

Hope that link works.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          Sorry for the confusion. I mean the goopy liquid that bubbles up when you put it in running water. You use it when you wash dishes etc. by hand.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal...d+750ml+2%2FPk

Hope that link works.
                          IE: Dawn dish soap (don't use it to clean your cast iron skillet unless you WANT to spend forever and a day reseasoning it).
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                            You use it when you wash dishes etc. by hand.
                            Ah, dish soap! Okay. I was close.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                            X