This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Buying These Three is Cheaper Than Those Two."

That's what the salesman tried to explain to me a few years back, but for some reason, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it.

See, the Blair Witch Trilogy of games were coming out (this was back when there was a Trilogy of movies planned too). Terrible games, but I was all up on that Shakey-Cam mess of a movie back then, so I got the games. Picked up the first one, then a few days later, went back for the second and third, which by that point were in a box-set.

But, I didn't need the first game, just the second and third, so, without a thought, picked up the two seperate games, and brought them to the counter where the teller spent 15 minutes trying to explain that since there was a special on the box set, it was cheaper than buying these games seperately.

Didn't get it for some time, though - for some reason, my mind had latched onto the idea that I only needed 2 and 3, and wouldn't let go. Needless to say, I ended up embarassed as hell, unable to think of anything to say other than "I'm a moron..."

(Doubly so now that everyone knows I was an incredible dope and had terrible taste in games )

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
    (Doubly so now that everyone knows I was an incredible dope and had terrible taste in games )
    Admitting it is the first step.

The rest of the steps better lead you to a pawn shop to get rid of that crap! (I kid, I kid!)
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post

The rest of the steps better lead you to a pawn shop to get rid of that crap! (I kid, I kid!)
      you mean there are pawn shops that will take those games
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        you mean there are pawn shops that will take those games

You mean, anyone besides Dilorenzo would want those games.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I witnessed a similar situation at the Flying J in London last week. I'd just bought the "2 specialty slices and a drink" combo at Pepperoni's, and overheard the guy behind me placing his order (2 pizza slices other than cheese or pepperoni). When I heard the counter person tell him his total, I suggested he get the combo because it would be cheaper, but his answer was that he didn't want a drink. He could have tossed the empty cup (soda is self-serve) in the trash and saved himself some money.

Just like the mini-cans of soda (used to be 250 ml, but now slightly smaller to hit the 100 calorie threshold) - most of the time, they're more expensive on a per-can basis than the regular cans of the same brand. Why not get the regular cans, and toss what you don't want to drink?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just like the mini-cans of soda (used to be 250 ml, but now slightly smaller to hit the 100 calorie threshold) - most of the time, they're more expensive on a per-can basis than the regular cans of the same brand. Why not get the regular cans, and toss what you don't want to drink?
            Or better yet, share them with someone else, or if you're like me, just squirrel them away for later.

Then again I'm weird and don't mind flat/warm soda, so yeah.
            Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

A local grocery store had a sale on 24-packs of Coca-Cola for $8.99 plus deposit.

The 12-packs were at their regular price of $3.99 plus deposit.

(I'll let you do the math...)

Yes, I did point this out to the employees and they just shrugged their shoulders and said "We didn't set the price, the manager did..."
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
              X