This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... or you can pay for it...

Ok... I'm confused... between 1am and either 4am or 5am depending on how busy we are we contract out with a local cab company to run our shuttles. Our instructions for guests are simple, if they are at the airport/greyhound call the number we provide them and either they can pay for the cab, bring in the receipt and we'll take it off their room charge or have the cab driver come in to be paid by us directly. If they are being picked up from the hotel we call them the cab and tell them when they go out to tell the driver the hotel is paying for it so he can come in for us to pay (we only will pay for going to two places so they know exactly how much will be owed, as do we, so we can tell when a driver is trying to cheat us... yeah, if my cheat sheet says $12.85 and the driver says $13 I won't hold it against them, maybe they expect traffic or something for the extra little bit, but if my cheat sheet says $12.85 and the driver says $20, there's a problem... anyway, back on topic).
    So why is it that twice now I've had guests where I've said "just let the driver know the hotel is paying for it so they can come in to the desk to get paid" the guests have just walked out to the cab and said NOTHING to the driver... really, I'm glad that you're willing to pay $13 that you don't have to, but if I had been told, hey, you can save $13 simply by saying, the hotel is paying for it, I'd say those 6 words. Though I'm sure the cabbie would be posting later about some sucky fare who tried to stiff them when they got to the destination because they didn't follow my owe so simple instructions.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Ever since my night helper was laid off: Sun, Mon, Fri, Sat we have to call a taxi for our guests from 10pm-5am. I feel your pain. I have only had one guy pay his own way even though I told him the hotel would so far.

The thing I have to put up with is when guests say, "I was told your shuttle would be running!?" OR "Your sign says 24-hours!" I have learned to respond, "Well things happen and I have no driver, but we would be happy to purchase you a cab ride!"

If only I could tell them that my hired help got laid off for Christmas...like they would care.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Hippie, one thing I will say positive about my guests, is that so far none of them have complained about the hotel paying for a cab for them... they don't care how they get to the airport as long as they get there on time.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X