This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's close to Europe right?

I was talking to a few coworkers in the breakroom at work the other day and we got to talking about where we'd like to travel to. One of my coworkers was mentioning how she'd like to go to Europe one day, so I said that I'd like to visit Croatia, since that's where my mom's half of my family is from. Her exact words?

"Oh yeah, Croatia is close to Europe isn't it?"

“Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

The appropriate response is IN.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yep, it's in Europe. Southeastern Europe. And Finland is in Northern Europe.

Indeed, the vast majority of Russia's population lives in Europe. The rest live in Asia.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post

Indeed, the vast majority of Russia's population lives in Europe. The rest live in Asia.
        Actually, Russia's population still lives in Russia. Which admittedly is in Europe. The population of the former USSR would be a little more accurate in your statement.
        Last edited by tjay; 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I was at a Sperry-Univac facility once when they had their entire security office staff trying to figure out if a Costa Rican on a furiniture moving crew was a US citizen.
          Puerto Rican: yes
          Costa Rican: no
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth tjay View Post
            Actually, Russia's population still lives in Russia. Which admittedly is in Europe. The population of the former USSR would be a little more accurate in your statement.
            No, I really am talking about Russia. Their two biggest cities (Moscow and St. Petersburg) and several of the normal-sized ones are firmly this side of the Ural Mountains, which mark the boundary between Europe and Asia. There's a whole lot of empty space, including Siberia, on the Asian side.

Europe - the continent - is a distinct concept from the European Union - the political entity.

Comment

um YEAH.

I got to go there back in ... 2005. Two visits to Split, Croatia.
              did some really nice shopping and some white-water-rafting.
              and i hope you like gelato!

Comment

Working...
              X