Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are they teaching these kids in school these days??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are they teaching these kids in school these days??

I was sitting with my laptop on my bed with my wallet next to me (YAY! Online Shopping!!), when my 8 yr old son picks up my wallet and looks at my ID.

S: Is this an ID of you, Mom?
    Me: Yep.
    S: But I dont understand it.
    Me: Ok. What dont you understand?
    S: Next to "Sex", its says "F"..but I never saw you fail any tests so..
    Me: *snerk*
    S: How did you fail sex, mom?
    Me: *bust out laughing" Well, F is FEMALE and M is MALE. Daddy has an M on his.
    S: Oh. That makes much more sense. *walks away*

Im still laughing..

....*snerk*......BUAHAHAAAA!!! That's too perfect! Too bad you didn't get this on tape. You could have blackmailed him with it years later!
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Wonderful story, Amina 516

There's a similar joke from my youth in the early 1950s. I was an innocent child at the time. I only learned it about the joke much later but I did hit my Mom with this.

A six-year-old comes to Mom and asks, "What's sex?"

Hoo boy. This is the time for THE TALK!

We sit down and Mom talks about the times when Mommy and Daddy really love each other very much. Mom goes through the whole rigmarole. Then the kid puts his/her question right out in front.

"That's interesting Mom, but it doesn't tell me how to fill in the 'sex' box on the ID card in the wallet I got for my Birthday.
      Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

When I was about 8, my older brother and I were at the local park filling out cards for the summer parks program. I came to that question, and asked, "What sex are we?" He looked at me and said, "I'm a boy and you're a girl."
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Reminds me of another joke:

A first-grade girl came home with her first report card, and crying her eyes out. Her mother looked over the report card, noted the straight A's, and asked her daughter, "Honey, why're you crying? These grades are wonderful!"

The girl replied, "I got an F in sex and I didn't even know I was taking it!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth tigerlily0
            I remember one time in elementary school (4th grade maybe), and there was some form we had to fill out, and I had to ask the teacher was "gender" was, to fill it out. When it was explained that it means "boy or girl", I asked why it didn't just say "boy or girl" on the form. The teacher explained that the form is also filled out by older kids (up through high school) and the older kids don't like being referred to as boys and girls.

Sheesh, reminds me of my Media degree where "sex" was male or female in the scientific term, but "gender" was something else. Ie transgender, transsexual, male, female, bi, straight etc.

When I started reading this thread I thought "OMG it's crept through to Kindy". I'm all for accepting quirks in gender etc, but that kind of PC isn't necessary in Kindy! (Preschool?)
            Big Phew that the kids were just naive, and it wasn't PCness gone mad.

I'm guessing some places felt that "sex" was an offensive term, or more likely, an invitation for a giggle-fest, hence the use of "gender". However, doing any sort of liberal arts will tell you the difference!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              The girl replied, "I got an F in sex and I didn't even know I was taking it!"
              That's why you got an F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*scampers off*
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

if I recall when I was 8 it was still B and G. ;p
                Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

I thought "F" meant frequently and "M" was for Monthly.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    I thought "F" meant frequently and "M" was for Monthly.
                    Bah! Curse you DGoddess! I just broke rule #1 on my laptop! *shakes fist*

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

S: Is this an ID of you, Mom?
                      Me: Yep.
                      S: But I dont understand it.
                      Me: Ok. What dont you understand?
                      S: Next to "Sex", its says "F"..but I never saw you fail any tests so..
                      Me: *snerk*
                      S: How did you fail sex, mom?
                      Me: *bust out laughing" Well, F is FEMALE and M is MALE. Daddy has an M on his.
                      S: Oh. That makes much more sense. *walks away*

That's the kinda of thing you can keep laughing about that he won't live down. too funny!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth groveldog View Post
                        Sheesh, reminds me of my Media degree where "sex" was male or female in the scientific term, but "gender" was something else. Ie transgender, transsexual, male, female, bi, straight etc.

I'm guessing some places felt that "sex" was an offensive term, or more likely, an invitation for a giggle-fest, hence the use of "gender". However, doing any sort of liberal arts will tell you the difference!
                        just to clarify that gender is the SOCIAL classification whereas sex is the BIOLOGICAL classification. most people prefer "gender" as a transgender does not identify with their biological sex always.

and yes,for the record, i was a liberal arts major (english, women's studies and sexuality/gender studies)

Comment

Quoth groveldog View Post
                          'Sex' is between your legs, 'gender' is in your head. They don't always match. Which is where the distinction came from.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

So what would LGBTN each stand for?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual. Never heard the 'n' before though.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X