This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A painful lack of depth.

I've just had a lad in the shop who was obviously stoned out of his little mind!

He bought some cigarette papers and as he picked them up, he spotted the headline on the local newspaper on the counter.

He leaned forward to read it but unfortunately his depth perception was shot to hell.

I was treated to the sound of a dull thud as he nutted the counter with his forehead. Fortunately he appeared unhurt as he wandered out into the rain!
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

I'm a little surprised he bought the papers AFTER he got stoned. Isn't he supposed to buy them before? Or was there a shortage halfway through?

He clearly was over his head.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I had three baked customers come in last night to cash a check.

They STANK, really badly, as if they didn't even try to smoke a regular cigarette before going into public.

Comment

To be fair, I have horrible depth perception without my glasses and I've done the same as the customer in the OP while stone cold sober.

So, maybe he just has really bad vision? W/O my glasses I need to be less than 12" from a newspaper just to read the headlines.

Off topic: Wow. I am sooooo blind.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
          I was treated to the sound of a dull thud as he nutted the counter with his forehead
          That is awesome! I laughed so hard when I read that!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Why am I reading the title as "A painful lack of death"?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X