X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have our own flower!

Not sucky. Just stupid.

SC is looking at plant side of kiosk. CW happens to be standing at the bench on that side of the kiosk.

SC: *points at celosia plant* What's that one?
    CW: A Celosia.
    SC: Oh ok, any particular variety of celosia?
    CW: I can't remember the botanical name off the top of my head but the common name for that variety is Monkey Brains.
    SC: Oh, ok. ... *points to chrysanthemum plant* Oh, that's a <store name which is on price tab, it just has our logo and the price>... No I don't want one of those...
    CW: *composes herself amazingly and manages to complete the sale of a celosia to this lady*

Impressive. Our store name is incorporated into our logo, and distinctly so. So it's a feat to get that as being the name of the product the tag is on. Kudos.

Oh dear.

I had it again myself yesterday...

SC: *points to arrangement on front of kiosk, which I can't see from behind the counter* I'll have that one please

Erm... sure. just... put it on the counter. Usually if there is a counter between you and the serviceperson, it's pick and pay.

Me: *as I trek around to the outside of the kiosk* Sure thing, which one was it?
    SC: *points to arrangement of gerberas* Uh, the <store name> gerberas.
    Me: *by some MIRACLE maintains composure*

Price tab format:
    <store logo which includes our name, with .com.au on it>
    $XX

Comment

i don't understand the above post...did she know the name of the plant herself even though it wasn't written anywhere or did she just make up a name or what?

*is confused*

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
        i don't understand the above post...did she know the name of the plant herself even though it wasn't written anywhere or did she just make up a name or what?

*is confused*
        She referred to an arrangement of gerberas "<our store's name> gerberas".
        As if our store name is a "brand" of gerbera or type of gerbera or something. Because our price tabs have our logo (with our name in it), and price on it. nothing else.

Comment

So, in other words, if the store name is "McGrocery", the customers were asking for a bunch of McGrocerys ...? Correct?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            So, in other words, if the store name is "McGrocery", the customers were asking for a bunch of McGrocerys ...? Correct?
            In essence, yes. Or when the dominant flowers in an arrangement were gerberas, they referred to the one with McGrocery Gerberas

Comment

Working...
            X