This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It works better if you plug it in.

A few weeks ago I bought a new computer. I have the data drive from my old computer in an external case that connects by USB.

Just a minute ago I was trying to find a file on that disk, but it wasn't showing up in Windows Explorer. I checked that the power was on and everything, but it just wasn't showing up.

Then I realised that the USB cable wasn't connected. D'oh!

Basic Troubleshooting 101: "When all else fails, make sure it's plugged in."
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Basic Troubleshooting 101: "When all else fails, make sure it's plugged in."
      Um, actually shouldn't this be: Basic Troubleshooting 101: "Before trying anything else, make sure it's plugged in and turned on."

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        Um, actually shouldn't this be: Basic Troubleshooting 101: "Before trying anything else, make sure it's plugged in and turned on."
        I would politely suggest they are steps 1 + 2 respectively, we all know that the majority of users wouldn't do that step in the correct order (no point trying to turn it on if it isn't plugged in!)
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The power was plugged in, but the USB cable wasn't. (I thought it was but it somehow got unplugged in the last 3-4 days)

Comment

Working...
          X